Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Knitting Magazines
 Twist Collective Fall 2011
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rosir
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
442 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  03:39:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit rosir's Homepage Send rosir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All I can say is, Wow! Well, not really all I can say, but here is where all of the beautiful designs are, this fall. Won't get into the "why" cuz it's too early in the a.m.
Can't wait to cast on Grenadine!

Rosi

flicka
Seriously Hooked

882 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  09:28:05 AM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
originally posted by rosir:
...here is where all of the beautiful designs are, this fall.

So right you are!

flicka
Go to Top of Page

lamknits
Chatty Knitter

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  3:26:26 PM  Show Profile Send lamknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I couldn't agree more! After perusing the duller-than-dirt fall issue of Interweave Knits, it was such a pleasure to examine the patterns in this latest edition of Twist Collection. Good to know somebody out there in the knitting universe still has a sense of style.

Leslie, in Beautiful Bucks County
Go to Top of Page

anderknit
Permanent Resident

USA
2605 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  5:02:51 PM  Show Profile Send anderknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree that Grenadine is nice and very wearable, but I'm stricken by the Eadon sweater (a bit shorter for me, maybe) and the Autobahn hat. A lot of very nice patterns, and really interesting styling. Just goes it show, it can be done. (I'm talking to YOU - Interweave!)

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  6:16:56 PM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a rabbit hole! I just bought three patterns!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1810 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  7:56:13 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is very good news that "it can be done" as anderknit says. I loved the issue, I love the Q and A of the Mason Dixon girls, and all the stuff.

And it seems to be a well-thought- out system for buying, and all.

Yay for Twist Collective!

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

NutmegOwl
Gabber Extraordinaire

582 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 :  06:55:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit NutmegOwl's Homepage Send NutmegOwl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh. My. Goodness. sigh. So many pretties, so little time ...

-----
Nutmeg Owl
Quaecumque sunt vera
http://www.owlwaysknitting.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2678 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 :  12:53:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, yum, yum, yum! Even the things I wouldn't make/wear myself are interesting and fun to look at. And lots of COLOR!

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4395 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 :  2:50:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luann

Oh, yum, yum, yum! Even the things I wouldn't make/wear myself are interesting and fun to look at. And lots of COLOR!

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com

I feel just the same, Luann. The whole issue is so inspiring. Here, I think I have an extra spoon want one?

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: Flickr Album
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4168 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 :  3:39:46 PM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, thank goodness for color!

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knitree
Seriously Hooked

688 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2011 :  4:33:34 PM  Show Profile Send knitree a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rosi - your post says 3:39am... you naughty girl! Bedtime in this house is no later than 2am ;-)
And, I agree about Twist. Pretty, pretty stuff. My dance card is pretty full right now though....

Tree
Taking simple patterns and complicating them...
Go to Top of Page

rosir
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
442 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2011 :  05:12:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit rosir's Homepage Send rosir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tree,
I think the time zone on this website is PST, so it was actually 7:39:07 AM here on the east coast, but the time would have been right for you in San Diego. Are you becoming a "California Girl"? Can't wait to see you in November.

Rosi
Go to Top of Page

knitree
Seriously Hooked

688 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2011 :  9:16:11 PM  Show Profile Send knitree a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Rosi - I'm not a CA girl yet... 2 more weeks to go. My wool is packed, but my summer, fingering and lace yarns are still accessible. I'm finishing a sweater and starting socks. I'm in some pretty heavy denial about how much time I have left to get everything done. Of course, I can't wait to see you too!

Tree
Taking simple patterns and complicating them...
Go to Top of Page

anderknit
Permanent Resident

USA
2605 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  11:02:01 AM  Show Profile Send anderknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, found another. Doppler. I love it! It's simple but interesting enough. I would love to have enough time to have this done for the Fall.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "
Go to Top of Page

weavingway
New Pal

43 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  08:12:16 AM  Show Profile Send weavingway a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love Twist Collective. When I get it or Jimmy Beans, I have to set on my hands to keep from ordering so many things. Looking at all the lovely yarns and beautiful patterns those two offer are like being a drunk in a liquor store.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe