Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Seeking Patterns / Free Pattern Links
 Men's Sweaters
 Men's cardigan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

iamknittycat
New Pal

34 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2011 :  12:14:58 PM  Show Profile Send iamknittycat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking for a nice shawl collar men's cardigan pattern. Anyone have any good ideas?

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

698 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2011 :  3:45:00 PM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Check Brooklyn Tweed, they have some very nice patterns for men.

Kristina
Go to Top of Page

suecq
Chatty Knitter

USA
205 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2011 :  07:18:50 AM  Show Profile Send suecq a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a nice men's shawl collar cardigan pattern in the latest Knit Simple magazine. I think it is the Fall 2011 issue.
Go to Top of Page

iamknittycat
New Pal

34 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2011 :  5:45:23 PM  Show Profile Send iamknittycat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Suecq - I previewed this issue on line - my son liked the sweater - now to find the mag.
Go to Top of Page

Schaeferyarnlover
Gabber Extraordinaire

513 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2011 :  3:39:32 PM  Show Profile Send Schaeferyarnlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Knit Simple Shawl sweater - What size does your son wear? Kenny Chua who designed the sweater, is on Ravelry. He was told to start at size 46. That woud fit my son who is a big college football player, but not my hubby who does not play for the NFL.
I emailed the Knit Simple folks twice ,other than acknowledging receipt of my question they have not answered why the would start at the size of a defensive back.

Debra
Go to Top of Page

New Stitch A Day
New Pal

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2011 :  11:01:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit New Stitch A Day's Homepage Send New Stitch A Day a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm a big fan of this cardigan in the fall 2011 KnitScene http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/east-hale-cardigan . The designer, Alexis Winslow, is going to be interviewed on Fiberstory.TV next week!

Newstitchaday.com - @newstitchaday - Facebook.com/Newstitchaday
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1236 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2011 :  01:41:29 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
New stitch, that's a nice man's cardigan. I really like it. By the way, for anyone trying to use the link, the period is part of it, so you get the Sherbert page on Ravelry. You just have to go up to the link in the address box, delete the period, and try again. Or hey, just go here:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/east-hale-cardigan

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by