Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Current Projects?
 Autumn Projects
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

flicka
Seriously Hooked

877 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2011 :  10:01:46 AM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Would love to read what others are knitting in this new season. (I know that astronomically it isn't autumn yet, but the weather here says "it's fall".)

I am casually working on the "Ennid" shawl by Lucinda Guy, which is one of those wrap-around-and-tie shawls that I am curious about. It is quite easy but one must have a high tolerance for garter stitch. Luckily, I do!

Then I will cast on a "Mohair Bias Loop", a pattern from Churchmouse, using some Superior yarn that I have been hoarding like Scrooge McDuck.

flicka

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2011 :  7:45:58 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am just finishing up my gitzy sweater to wear to the symphony and the
theatre. The pattern is a freebie from KNitty called Stardust cardigan.
It is a lovely little wrap and I am trying to finish up my traveling Rose scarf. Then I will work on a couple of short cardigans.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

peggity
Chatty Knitter

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2011 :  9:10:45 PM  Show Profile Send peggity a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I plan to knit The Prudence Crowley Vest www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-prudence-crowley-vest by Robin Hunter using Elegant Yarns Kaleidoscope http://www.elegantyarn.com/index1.asp?id=309&loid=Worsted for myself. Also an argyle vest, a fairisle-yoked pullover and a few hats for the children in my life. All this after finishing a couple of WIPs of course; Yikes!

~Peggy~
Colorado-USA
My Photos: http://www.Ravelry.com/people/peggity/
Go to Top of Page

scarfitup
Chatty Knitter

191 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2011 :  04:28:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit scarfitup's Homepage Send scarfitup a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Because I sell my work, I've been working on Fall and Winter things for a while now. So far for this season I've concentrated on felted clutches, Sassy Sacs, and Cachecols (scarflettes). I don't make anything that requires two (socks, mittens, sleeves), so my repertoire is somewhat limited. I admire all the creativity and tenacity here to make garments. I'd love to hear about your ideas for new colors and styles.

Scarf It Up!
http://scarf-it-up.blogspot.com
http://flickr.com/photos/scarfitup
http://scarfitup.etsy.com
Become a Scarf It Up! Fan on FB: http://www.facebook.com/scarfitupwilmington
Go to Top of Page

baldocchi
Chatty Knitter

198 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2011 :  05:59:10 AM  Show Profile Send baldocchi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been bitten by the lace bug. StIll working on My "something to treasure" christening shawl. So much easier than I thought! Next I am thinking of the fireplace kimono from Elann. I do have a couple of trips planned so will have hours of airplane/airport time to work on socks.

Nicole

If we don't get there together, we won't get there at all.
Go to Top of Page

Milinda
Permanent Resident

USA
3817 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2011 :  10:55:58 AM  Show Profile Send Milinda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Flicka, you are so lucky to live closer to Churchmouse. Kit and the gang have one fine yarn and tea shop going there. I wish I lived on the island and could hang out there.

I'm still plugging away on my big lace project which I designed using Sharon Miller's Heirloom Lace book. It's been work with all the counting, stitch markers, lifelines, etc., but it is gloriously lovely, if I do say so myself.

M L
Go to Top of Page

Gibson Girl
Chatty Knitter

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2011 :  11:00:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Gibson Girl's Homepage Send Gibson Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm in the midst of a Swirl sweater using up the odd bits of leftover yarn. Various colors of taupe/gray/beige/white.I'm really pleased about the way it's looking. Thought I'd never get off the initial rows. 500+ cast-ons take a while. Then I have several sweaters where the knitting is complete but not sewn together. They are mostly winter things so will complete each when I have the right occasion to wear them. It's still too hot here in AZ to think about winter sweaters.
Go to Top of Page

Mingo08
New Pal

8 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2011 :  11:32:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mingo08's Homepage Send Mingo08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sadly, while I have two cardigans AND two shawls I'd like to be working on this fall, I am, instead, being "good" and working on Christmas knitting.

I've committed myself (or ought to be committed - you decide!) to making the entire farm from the Spud & Chloe at the Farm book for my niece and nephew. It's really fun knitting and I enjoy it, but these other projects are calling to me.

I'm also doing some surprise fingerless mitts for my 11yo DD; a pair of gloves and matching scarf for same DD (not surprise - to match a very nice coat my folks gave her); and a penguin toy as a gift for a friend.

And teaching a toy-knitting class (as, apparently, I don't knit enough toys as it is....)

However, when those projects are done, there are two shawls and two garments with my name on them, plus a sweater to finish. ;)

Just to keep autumnally sane, I'm working on a carry project that is lovely autumn colors in a scarf appropriate for the weather/season.

~ Mingo
Go to Top of Page

dms18
New Pal

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2011 :  12:46:44 PM  Show Profile Send dms18 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am going to start the Swirl Jacket next week (and next week is fall). Can't wait to get started. My plans are to buy the yarn this weekend. It should be lots of fun. Has anyone made this project yet? Let me know how it went. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

697 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2011 :  2:20:13 PM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm working on Marianne Isager's sweater pattern Knit & Purl from her book Classic Knits. The pattern is sized for both boys and men, but I have downsized it to toddler. The yarn is Isager Hojlandsgarn and the color is Sweet Pea. The body up to under the arm and both sleeves are done. Now I have to join the three and finish the yoke but that is turning out to be a bit of a trick, since I don't seem to be able to line the pattern up.

Kristina
Go to Top of Page

dms18
New Pal

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2011 :  3:09:36 PM  Show Profile Send dms18 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gibson Girl

I'm in the midst of a Swirl sweater using up the odd bits of leftover yarn. Various colors of taupe/gray/beige/white.I'm really pleased about the way it's looking. Thought I'd never get off the initial rows. 500+ cast-ons take a while. Then I have several sweaters where the knitting is complete but not sewn together. They are mostly winter things so will complete each when I have the right occasion to wear them. It's still too hot here in AZ to think about winter sweaters.

Go to Top of Page

sherrya
Warming Up

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2011 :  6:17:17 PM  Show Profile Send sherrya a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm half way through a birthday sweater for a 2-year old. Good thing she won't realize she is getting it late, her birthday is Tuesday!
Go to Top of Page

jlpanecki
New Pal

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2011 :  6:47:17 PM  Show Profile Send jlpanecki a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Because I've been sewing, I am looking forward to knitting again. A few Simple Little Sweaters (my own pattern) for some friends' Revlon dolls are first on my list.

I plan to make knitted slippers for the whole family for Christmas this year - so I will be starting those soon - and I have some lovely tan-toned tweed alpaca that is for a scarf - finally something for me!

If I get all the slippers done, I may very well knit some scarves, hats and mitts for the grandchildren - and I have some lovely Colinette yarn - deep shades of blue - for DarlingDaughter- it will make a silky lightweight dressy scarf.
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1681 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2011 :  03:49:57 AM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am busy knitting vests for family members for Christmas. 1 is complete, 3 need to be put together and do ribbing and 1 is amost 1/2 done. Still need to finish a pair of socks. Have several more ideas floating around in my head.
judy
Go to Top of Page

flicka
Seriously Hooked

877 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2011 :  09:48:09 AM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
originally posted by Milinda:
Flicka, you are so lucky to live closer to Churchmouse.

I am lucky. One day last month I played hooky and took the ferry over to Bainbridge Island. At Churchmouse, an employee offered to let me try on the shop sample of the Mohair Bias Loop! That has never happened to me before, and I never would have asked! Now I know it will work perfectly as is, with no modification.

quote:
originally posted by kkknitter:
I'm working on Marianne Isager's sweater pattern Knit & Purl from her book Classic Knits.

I have that book, too! That is such a nice pattern, very subtle.

I am enjoying all of the posts about projects on the needles. Very inspiring.

flicka
Go to Top of Page

Nanaknit
Chatty Knitter

287 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2011 :  10:17:28 AM  Show Profile Send Nanaknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm working on an Easy Lace Baby Blanket for my friend Zee's baby boy and a Lazy Girl Shawl for me. Also have a few projects waiting in the wings once I finish my current WIPs. Decided not to do much knitting for Christmas this year,

Linda

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't."
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Marie E
Chatty Knitter

USA
186 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2011 :  4:50:35 PM  Show Profile Send Marie E a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm making Poodle scarf for my nieces-7 for presents. Three are almost complete-just need the pom-poms. I never think my pom-poms look good. Happy Knitting

Marie E NC
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2011 :  05:31:21 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh Boy! Just reading all the things people are knitting is making me feel exhausted.
Mingo08, how can you keep track of all those things?
Talking about knitting a whole farm reminds me of the Noah's Ark that my daughter is planning to knit for her cousin's twin boys who were born a couple of weeks ago. It is gorgeous, the ark is actually the carry all that they get packed into. There are two of everything even lady birds (lady bugs?)
She says they will be able to have a set each.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

marjotse
Permanent Resident

Sweden
1018 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2011 :  02:16:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit marjotse's Homepage Send marjotse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm knitting Camilla sweaters (from Quince & Co) for my daughters. They are fiendishly fast knits and I think they will get a good use. Other than that, I have two designs in my head I should get to my needles and one design, knitted already twice, that has to go into a pattern.... I knit much faster than I write.....

Marjolein

http://kantajour.blogspot.com
my photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/98299499@N00/
On Ravelry: Marjotse
Go to Top of Page

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2011 :  03:45:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah Mingo8 - I admire you and feel the pull of DOOTY KNITTING. In fact, I will be taking Christmas Socks with me to a 2 day work conference - since they can be knit in the dim light of auditoriums.

but the real Autumnal (or Vernal for those down under) knitting project I have almost finished is a green sweater I am still calling Hurricane Irene - though I am sure anythiing this nice deserves a better name. Begun the weekend the hurricane hit and with the long hours of down time that storm gave us, almost completed - I have photos and chatter about it on Ravelry - here: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/besshaile/hurricane-irene-pullover

The yarn is Shepherd's Wool - my first time using it - but not my last.

Bess
http://likethequeen2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

technikat
Gabber Extraordinaire

595 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2011 :  2:16:40 PM  Show Profile Send technikat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm knitting Romi's Bitterroot shawl from knitty. It'll be my first knitting with beading. I hope it works out. Then I have plans to knit Honey from Marianne Isager's Classics Knits but I haven't found the right yarn for it yet.

My FOs
http://www.flickr.com/photos/technikat/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.