Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Current Projects?
 practice pair
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

juiabrooke
New Pal

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2011 :  12:47:02 PM  Show Profile Send juiabrooke a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I started a pair of socks in 2/11. I think it is my 3rd or 4th knitting project. In late august I had maybe 3 inches past the ribbing. Then I met a wonderful women who was arts and crafts teacher at a camp I was volunteering at. I spied her knitting and started asking her questions. One afternoon when we had a few spare moments she asked me to knit for her. Then she knit for me and explained I was knitting into the backloop which is wonderful for ribbing but very time consuming and not stretchy enough for the body of the sock. I was delighted. Since that day I have finished the 1st sock and am 8 rnds from the heel of the 2nd. At the same time because I needed a project I could take wherever, I knitted a large wool rectangle with a decreased flap that I will be felting this weekend. And I have already ordered new dpn's and the yarn for a pair of socks for my best friend. I drive all my friends crazy measuring their feet mostly during the commercials while BSU games are on. I don't really like football but I can knit my socks and hang with friends if I go to game day parties. It's a win/win.

Julia Brooke

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

680 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2011 :  3:34:46 PM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You got it! Knitting is win/win. Hope you enjoy the forum.

Kristina
Go to Top of Page

Schaeferyarnlover
Gabber Extraordinaire

513 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2011 :  06:28:14 AM  Show Profile Send Schaeferyarnlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did you know your foot size is just your size in inches? So since I wear a 9.5 shoe, from the back of my heel to the ends of my toes is 9.5 inches. I learned this by accident while knitting maybe sock pair number thirty.

Debra
Go to Top of Page

juiabrooke
New Pal

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2011 :  7:27:41 PM  Show Profile Send juiabrooke a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did not know that about shoe/foot size. Good info to have since I have a hard time getting my friends to measure their feet.

Julia Brooke
Go to Top of Page

Consuelo
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
582 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2011 :  5:06:51 PM  Show Profile Send Consuelo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure that's not correct. I have a chart that I got from the shoe industry and the foot that fits a woman's 6.5 measure 8.5";
a size 7 measure 9"; a size 9 measures 9.5". The larger sizes do match the foot in inches to the shoe size. A size 10 measure 10" and a size 11 measure 11".

I use this to shape my felted clogs all the time and the size are pretty true.

Consuelo
"Perfect" is the enemy of good!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.