Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Sweater Talk
 Dilemma: post-partum sweater knitting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1802 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2011 :  09:49:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The fun part is knitting them. It's not quite as much fun wearing them, because the challenge is gone. Can you believe?

Anybody out there experiencing the same thing?

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1257 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2011 :  10:59:29 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a gorgeous pair of pink and grey cashmere fingerless mittens that I knitted after the twined fingerless mitt class with Beth Brown-Reinsel. I loved knitting them--the twined knitting is really fun. Never wear them. I see them on the shelf in the morning and think, "meh."

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

699 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2011 :  2:28:08 PM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know what you are talking about. I have a few things around the house, that I made especially for me, that I never wear. It is fun to knit, but as soon as I'm done I like to give the project away and get it out of the house as soon as possible.

Kristina
Go to Top of Page

anderknit
Permanent Resident

USA
2603 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2011 :  4:32:19 PM  Show Profile Send anderknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh gosh I have tons of those. Clapotis in a yarn I thought was fabulous; now it's "What were you thinking?" Cardigan with a neckband that NEVER worked. Tank top that's much too skimpy. And on and on.

I don't go to the KR retreats, but that might be a fun swap! (If not the items, then maybe the stories behind them?)

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "
Go to Top of Page

knittingrunner
Seriously Hooked

USA
809 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  06:04:39 AM  Show Profile Send knittingrunner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is this the 'process knitters' section? I really don't care about the finished product - (or even finishing sometimes), I like the starting and the knitting parts, yes, even the finishing, but once it's done, away it goes.

I've knitted one adult sweater (for myself) and may give that away, but it was fun to knit!

Bike, Bike, Bike!
knittingbiker on Ravelry
Go to Top of Page

Kade1301
Permanent Resident

France
1438 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  07:17:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kade1301's Homepage Send Kade1301 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not a problem for me. Most of the time I knit for sale anyway. When I knit something for me, I knit it because I really need and want it, and then I wear it for at least a season.

Happy knitting, Klara

http://www.lahottee.info
Go to Top of Page

yarnlover
Permanent Resident

1753 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  08:00:19 AM  Show Profile Send yarnlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm right there with Klara. I started selling my knitting because I wouldn't or couldn't use it all.

Now, for the first time in a long time, I'm knitting a sweater for me, and I can't wait to finish it. I will wear it - assuming it fits :) I think it will be just fine and I know I will like it because a friend knit the same pattern and I got to try the sweater on before deciding to spend my time on it. I'm using a different type of yarn, adjusted the pattern for the new guage, and am happy to have finally found a project for this stash yarn. But, I admit I have a couple of sweaters I've made in past years that I haven't worn in a long time......

See My Stuff: Here

Go to Top of Page

marjotse
Permanent Resident

Sweden
1018 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  12:06:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit marjotse's Homepage Send marjotse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Am I the only one who knits because I want to wear the items that I knit (or I want to see them worn by the people I knit them for....). I do love knitting, do it every day, but to make an item that wouldn't be worn....I would be so utterly sad...

Marjolein

http://kantajour.blogspot.com
my photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/98299499@N00/
On Ravelry: Marjotse
Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

699 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  3:28:32 PM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is great to see other people enjoy and wear what I knit. I just don't want to wear the creation myself.
Go to Top of Page

knittingrunner
Seriously Hooked

USA
809 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  7:21:46 PM  Show Profile Send knittingrunner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love to knit things for other people's hands, heads and feet. I have a willing wearer of my knitted creations and it pleases me to see him wearing things I've created.
That said;
Kristina hit the nail on the head in her post above.

Bike, Bike, Bike!
knittingbiker on Ravelry
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.55 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.