Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitter's Swap
 Stash Reductions
 Would you like yarn from the knitting fairy?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3464 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  05:42:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sometimes a knitter needs a virtual hug by way of a yarn package.
Sometimes a knitter doesn't have much money to spend on yarn.
Sometimes a knitter lives far from a brick-and-mortar yarn store.
If there's a Santa for children, why shouldn't there be a knitting fairy for us?

If you have a wish for the knitting fairy, just PM/email me some color preferences and a mailing address (please include any fiber allergies). Let the knitting fairy know if you spin too.

Thanks for participating, the knitting elves will get busy :)

http://minkyknits.blogspot.com

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1257 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  2:08:38 PM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mwah, Minh, you are so sweet.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

Deborah Tomasello
Warming Up

58 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  2:25:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Deborah Tomasello's Homepage Send Deborah Tomasello a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a great idea! If the knitting Santa wants more elves, count me in!
Go to Top of Page

rosir
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
442 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  5:55:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit rosir's Homepage Send rosir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Minh,

What can I say? You are the most thoughtful sweetheart of a girl. If I can help, you know where to find me.

Rosi
Go to Top of Page

One Stitch at a Time
Chatty Knitter

297 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  6:22:36 PM  Show Profile Send One Stitch at a Time a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Minh

This knitters heart was just warmed by your knitting fairy's post. So warmed in fact that I am inspired to give a gift to KR's Betty in honor of your generosity.

Anyone else inspired along with me?

Nanci
Go to Top of Page

Patshere
Chatty Knitter

171 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  6:49:21 PM  Show Profile Send Patshere a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am also inspired to communicate with Betty. My family's still struggling with my mother's terminal illness and Minh's offer warmed my heart too.
Go to Top of Page

Patshere
Chatty Knitter

171 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  6:52:35 PM  Show Profile Send Patshere a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Done. Betty's just been fed a bit.

I love you guys!
Go to Top of Page

minh

USA
3464 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  6:57:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love the KR community! At this point we have *way* more knitting elves than wishlists but I will keep everyone posted. Me thinks that a post-holiday exchange might be a good idea too :)

http://minkyknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Patshere
Chatty Knitter

171 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  7:10:04 PM  Show Profile Send Patshere a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Let's get the New Englanders together at Slater Mill after the holidays for a swap. We have a guild meeting tomorrow night and I'll ask about renting the room.
Go to Top of Page

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  9:19:17 PM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just sent Betty a litte thanks-giving myself.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

699 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2011 :  05:34:30 AM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Same here, Betty just fed. And thank you Minh!

Kristina
Go to Top of Page

Patshere
Chatty Knitter

171 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  3:26:46 PM  Show Profile Send Patshere a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're not a fairy, you're an angel.

Though she was 92 years old, though we were expecting it, though we were awaiting the news, my family was so saddened to hear that Mom passed this morning. As one friend said, "Wherever she is now, I hope she can see well enough to knit again".  An avid knitter, she had to put down the needles several years ago because of advanced macular degeneration. She derived great pleasure from admiring (most of) my finished products.

So it was with joy, after a subdued day, that I found a large, squishy surprise package in the mail. It was filled with many skeins of the most luxurious and beautiful yarns. Certainly only an angel would have been so generous and have had such perfect timing.

Thank you SO MUCH!!!!
Go to Top of Page

One Stitch at a Time
Chatty Knitter

297 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  08:31:49 AM  Show Profile Send One Stitch at a Time a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pat, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. A long well lived life offers solace, but of course, your sadness and grief is deep.

I can relate very well to what you added, about the knitting fairies touching down upon you at the perfect time. I too received a very generous, amazing package from "them" at a time my spirit needed lifting.

Thank you, knitting fairies.

....and please remember to feed Betty! If Betty isn't happy, none of us are happy!

Nanci
Go to Top of Page

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2011 :  10:15:13 AM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The knitting fairy just arrived at my door!! At the end of a difficult week (Dad's cancer surgery, my own "uncomfortable" medical tests, 3 nites doing baby-duty with a newborn), what a wonderful surprise to find on my front step! Thank-you for your generosity - I'll be planning with and playing with the yarn this afternoon!

Jan
Go to Top of Page

dothead
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
542 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2011 :  11:13:56 AM  Show Profile Send dothead a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is such a lovely gesture. I am enjoying reading about the knitting fairies and how much joy they are bringing to everyone.

I have been under a lot of stress for many years but the things I am really greatful for are 1) the wonderful people on KR and 2) I have a good yarn stash to get me through the rough times.

Now I am off to feed Betty.

Vicki, the Constant Lurker(who sometimes stops lurking and actually posts)
Go to Top of Page

KnittingKittens
Chatty Knitter

USA
173 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  05:02:16 AM  Show Profile Send KnittingKittens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pat, I was so sorry to hear about your Mom. I bet she is now knitting up a bunch of love for you and your brother.
Hugs,
Peggy
Go to Top of Page

dothead
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
542 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  09:04:07 AM  Show Profile Send dothead a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Knitting Fairy and her elves left a package at my door. All I can say (through my tears of joy) is thank you so much.

Vicki, the Constant Lurker(who sometimes stops lurking and actually posts)
Go to Top of Page

Patshere
Chatty Knitter

171 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  4:06:13 PM  Show Profile Send Patshere a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnittingKittens

Pat, I was so sorry to hear about your Mom. I bet she is now knitting up a bunch of love for you and your brother.
Hugs,
Peggy

Thanks Peggy!
Go to Top of Page

knitayarn
New Pal

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2011 :  09:31:41 AM  Show Profile Send knitayarn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pat, please count me in on the swap. Minh, you are wonderful! I heard all about Pat's package. Your generosity is so heart-warming and gives me pause to remember what this season is truly about!
Go to Top of Page

minh

USA
3464 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  8:26:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to say that all the packages have been mailed. Thank you to everyone who gave some holiday money to Betty, our wonder server, from Martha (who destashed so generously) and me!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe