Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Poll Feedback
 Explain your answers!
 E-Books and Magazines
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

churchlady
Warming Up

Canada
81 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  10:18:10 AM  Show Profile Send churchlady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I put down yes for E-Books because I have some magazines and short instruction books that I really like having stored in pdf. files, especially since I got an i-Pad and I can read them anywhere. I never wanted to buy a dedicated reader, because they had proprietary formats for books, and who knows which one will win out, like Beta or VHS, but now that our Public Library lends E-Books (no crafty ones so far) and free viewing software I'm very keen on them. I'm an addict of knitting magazines, and I wonder if I can subscribe to one or two, and keep files and stacks of paper magazines out of my house? Of course, I never can find that issue with the pattern I vaguely remember.

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4376 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  11:32:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you have an iPad, you have an eReader in your hands already! There are apps -- I prefer Google Reader, since that's how my bookstore provides eBooks bought on our website, and it's compatible with all devices except Kindle. I have both print and e-versions of Clara's books, so they're always nearby, wherever I am.

I've downloaded one of Interweave's special issues, but I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I, too, need to reduce the amount of stuff in my life. I love paper magazines, but I just don't have room to store them any more. I need to save space for more yarn and books!

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: Flickr Album
Go to Top of Page

sherrya
Warming Up

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  6:35:41 PM  Show Profile Send sherrya a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm checking out eReaders now - Merry Christmas to me!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe