Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Things we do Besides Knitting
 Recipe Swap
 Harvey Wallbanger cake
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Greyling
Gabber Extraordinaire

579 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2011 :  10:49:18 AM  Show Profile Send Greyling a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a festive holiday bundt cake. Should probably be served with a strong cup of coffee ; )

http://homecooking.about.com/od/cakerecipes/r/blc1.htm

http://www.grouprecipes.com/39770/harvey-wallbanger-cake.html

I've made the one with the orange cake mix. Moist and delicious. The Galliano liqueur is rather expensive. I wanted to make it again, but when I sent DH to the liquor store to pick up a small bottle, he came home and said NO. Next time I'll go shopping without him. LOL

flicka
Seriously Hooked

877 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  11:38:02 AM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote

quote:
originally posted by Greyling:
Next time I'll go shopping without him. LOL

Oh, yeah. That's the only way to shop. Thanks for the recipe, and Cherry Mistmas to you!

flicka
Go to Top of Page

Mean Mama
Permanent Resident

USA
1138 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  6:01:49 PM  Show Profile Send Mean Mama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Back in the mid-70s my Aunt Athena presented me with a copy of a church cookbook, by the "Daughters of Penelope". She felt I was severely lacking in ethnic Greek recipes . . . and made a big deal out of this book. I will never forget flipping it open randomly the first time to >>> Harvey Wallbanger cake!

Yes, this has been around a long time--long enough to come back!

-- Mean Mama

“Qui vit sans folie,
N’est pas si sage qu’il le croit.”
Go to Top of Page

Greyling
Gabber Extraordinaire

579 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2011 :  5:49:29 PM  Show Profile Send Greyling a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The term 'Harvey Wallbanger' is dated. We just have to rename it.

Vodka is still popular, Galliano is still available, we just have to update with a catchier moniker.

There's this little hot dog stand, "Jr's Hot Dogs", here in the Chicago area. They have frothed orange soda, and call it "Orange Bang". It's good. Goes very well with the hot dogs that include: onions, relish, mustard, cucumber slices, tomato slices, small hot peppers and celery salt.

One needs the refreshing 'Bang' to cool the taste buds down.

Maybe that would catch on??
Go to Top of Page

margeaa
Chatty Knitter

USA
318 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2011 :  08:08:30 AM  Show Profile Send margeaa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow...I haven't heard the words "Harvey Wallbanger cake" in such a long time! It brings back memories...all good. My mom who passed away a few years ago used to make a Harvey Wallbanger cake all the time for special occasions in the 60s and 70s. I remember it being really good. Thanks for the memories!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe