Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Poll Feedback
 Suggest a poll
 What have you learned (about) on this forum
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2011 :  06:23:29 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have learned about i cords, kitchener stitch, circular knitting needles, the fact that stocking stitch always rolls, how to figure out how thick the yarn is, that you can (and lots of people do) knit dishcloths, about blocking, knitting in different colours is called intarsia and actually lots of other things. It would be interesting to see a list of all the things people have learned because of this web site. We could have a list and tick those things we have already learned and add others that are not yet on the list.

I knit a hug into every stitch

Gibson Girl
Chatty Knitter

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2011 :  08:24:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Gibson Girl's Homepage Send Gibson Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mostly I've learned there are persons out there (mostly women) who are as addicted to this craft as I have been for many years. And who knew so many of you love to knit socks? I produced one pair that I've yet to wear. I'm amazed at the resources listed on this site for yarn, patterns and techniques. Loved the link to the guy who is teaching everyone how easy it is to knit. Very funny. You're a lovely caring bunch.
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2011 :  12:39:23 PM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've learned a lot about myself and about the world of fiber that I used to know nothing about, in my old, pre-knitting hardly-understood-by-me-now life:

Yarn and fiber addiction run deep.
There is a thriving and fascinating fiber sub-culture, including events and some very interested and interesting people, that supports said fiber addiction.
Fiber events are a blast. Have gone to Black Sheep Gathering (where I learned to drop spin and twine knit), Lambtown, and Interweave Knitting Lab. Looking forward to Stitches, Estes Park, and KR Retreat (hopefully) in 2012.
Frogging isn't as hard/scary/disastrous as I thought. In fact, all ya'll do it all the time, and suffer relatively little from it.

There's so much more, but I'll stop here. Thanks for a great topic!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.