Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Started your holiday projects yet?
 Getting started for 2012
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pqpatch
Seriously Hooked

USA
617 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  7:44:31 PM  Show Profile Send pqpatch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't usually get such an early start on Christmas gifts, however, last year I made an afghan for my son-in-law and my daughter said she would love one also. So I picked out a Drops pattern and have started on her afghan. I am using Cascade washable wool and acrylic mix. It is really knitting up soft. She wanted yellow so I pick a soft yellow. It should be beautiful.

Starting early allows for no pressure with everything else I have going on

Patty

http://www.etsy.com/shop/twistedsticks?ref=si_shop

EmEm
Warming Up

Ireland
87 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  8:26:55 PM  Show Profile Send EmEm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree Patty. I did the same thing last year with a sweater and a vest so that I would not have all that pressure at the end of the year. I do not have any big projects yet for this year so I'll just knit some socks and mittens until something comes along. Good luck with your daughter's afghan.
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

755 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  06:40:34 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I always start my Christmas gifts early. I started a Afghan with lot of cables thinking I would do two before Xmas. This one is starting to look good I might have to gift it to myself. Donna
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2041 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  11:49:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Every time I try to get a head start on Christmas I fail miserably. I make something and then think of someone dear to me that could use the item now! I really do try!

Just yesterday I found some Baby Moccasins through All Free Knitting. Well, of course I just have to make those for My best friend's free baby baskets. No Christmas there. Then there is my adaptation of the Keyhole Scarf that I've now made 2 of. One went, right away, to a dear friend that goes out in our cold weather, to physical therapy. She needed it now! I'm trying to use up my stash to make Christmas Presents, but it just isn't working!

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Go to Top of Page

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  2:23:24 PM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I've been knitting ahead with baby hats. I've been on surgery leave for the last 5 1/2 weeks, and have made 15 hats, plus a preemie hat & blanket set. I've also made two adult size tams. In addition to all that, I've got a lap quilt top ready to be quilted, read about 14 books, and spent money on the internet.

I'd say I had a productive surgery leave. Tomorrow is my last "free" day, as I'm going out of town for the weekend, and have to return to work Monday.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

Greyling
Gabber Extraordinaire

579 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2012 :  06:38:51 AM  Show Profile Send Greyling a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Started the Mara shawl with MadalineTosh DK for SIL. I want to be able to see how I like the size, and give myself plenty of time to block.

Then I'll get a pretty box and tissue paper, and put it together prettily. She's a mom with young girls 11 and 8, and she's married to my brother. She deserves something special!!
Go to Top of Page

needle
New Pal

35 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2012 :  04:00:40 AM  Show Profile Send needle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have started my Christmas knitting with a sweater for hubby and a shawl for MIL.....I have the back of the sweater done working on the front and just started the shawl....

Happy Knitting !!!
Go to Top of Page

ikkivan
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2012 :  07:00:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit ikkivan's Homepage Send ikkivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sharon, I love your way of thinking ... seems to me you keep the spirit of Christmas all year around!

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe