Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Groups Seeking Donated Materials and Knitted Items
 Knit for infants in a New York City hospital
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Marcy Taitz
New Pal

13 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2012 :  8:31:13 PM  Show Profile Send Marcy Taitz a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I collect baby items for the newborn nursery/NICU (for babies 3 lbs and up) and babies up to a year old at the North Central Bronx Hospital in NYC. We accept items made of soft, washable yarn, and mostly need hats, booties, sweaters and blankets, but other items are also welcome. If you would like to knit or crochet for us and need some yarn, I can send you some. Gently used, unstained baby clothes are also gratefully accepted. We also accept yarn donations, to pass on to knitters who need it. Please PM me if you are interested in helping us (the need is ongoing) and need the address. Thanks so much in advance!

Marcy,
Knits for Infants

Margie
Permanent Resident

USA
1032 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2013 :  7:43:04 PM  Show Profile Send Margie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Grandson was a preemi. Because of him I sat down and made ten different preemie hats.

The nurse said the most useful was ... K2, P2 as it was very stretchy.

I had fun making them and now make chemo caps. I have about six to give to my next knit gathering.

I love the tag line of someone who knits a hug into every stitch. So true, so true.

Margie and Mimi (my hearing dog who doesn't knit -- yet)

Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe