Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Shawls and Scarves
 Wingspan Shawl
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Coolj
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  07:58:12 AM  Show Profile Send Coolj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone made it? Here's the Ravelry link: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/wingspan-2

I started it yesterday, and mine doesn't seem to be shaping up like any of the pictures. I don't know if I can even describe what I think is a problem, but I'll try. The bottom triangle (#1) is very long. Should it be? Should there even be a bottom or base triangle?

Will I see the points when I finally bind off? Will it make sense then?

Sorry to appear so confused, but that's the state I'm in at the moment.

Thanks,
Juanita

purlewe
Permanent Resident

1921 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  11:06:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit purlewe's Homepage Send purlewe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't knit it yet, but my best friend did and I took fotos of it yesterday.

Since it is garter st it really does BLOCK out. WAY out.

It does look like the first triangle is really long in the pics I took for her and the ones I have seen online. Since it is such a quick knit I would suggest you try the 2nd triangle so you can compare it.

Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming. ~Myrna Loy
http://purlewe.typepad.com/
Go to Top of Page

Coolj
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  1:02:40 PM  Show Profile Send Coolj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Purlewe. I'm about halfway through triangle 2, and I sent a picture to a friend. She has just started hers and thinks I'm doing it correctly. We shall see . . .. ;-)
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4165 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  6:39:13 PM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just put this in my queue and will start as soon as I finish another scarf!

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnlover
Permanent Resident

1753 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  6:46:40 PM  Show Profile Send yarnlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't answer your question, but thanks so much for posting it, and the link.

I can't wait to try this out. Unbelievable how different each one looks. This is the first pattern I've seen in a long time that fascinates me so.

What kind of yarn are you using?

See My Stuff: Here

Go to Top of Page

Coolj
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  7:51:28 PM  Show Profile Send Coolj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm using Zauberball Crazy in, I think, Parrot. I just finished the second triangle and can finally see what's going on.

It's great that you're inspired to make this. I was trying to make it difficult, but it's really very, very easy. Good luck!
Juanita
Go to Top of Page

Panhandle Jane
Seriously Hooked

USA
607 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2012 :  7:47:44 PM  Show Profile Send Panhandle Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is great fun to make. I am pleased with mine, with one exception. When I blocked it, I blocked in sort of a C shape. After looking at some belonging to other people, I plan to reblock in a more circular shape because I think it will fit around me better.

Blog--http:\\www.panhandleknitandsew.blogspot.com
Ravelry--panhandlejane

Go to Top of Page

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2390 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2012 :  07:15:00 AM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a great pattern and a wonderful travel knit. I have two on the needles. I was afraid I wouldn't have enough yarn to finish the first one so started another and am weighing as I go. It seems like the first triangle takes more yarn than the succeeding ones. If so, I may have enough yarn to finish the first. Neither of the yarns I'm using has long color runs so I'm sure I'll have to knit a third one.

azblue
------------------------------------------------------------------
So much to learn, so little time.
Go to Top of Page

ikkivan
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
543 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2012 :  7:08:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit ikkivan's Homepage Send ikkivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oooh, I just downloaded that pattern this evening. I must make at least one of those as a Christmas gift for family member!

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  06:35:13 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It on my to do list for Xmas. Donna
Go to Top of Page

noallatin
Chatty Knitter

285 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  4:28:36 PM  Show Profile Send noallatin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I started one this afternoon. So far, so good.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe