Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 On the Needles
 On The Needle Now
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Daylily
New Pal

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2012 :  08:44:56 AM  Show Profile Send Daylily a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Earlier this month I found out that my neighbor across the street from me, is expecting twin girls. So I got some Bernat Baby Sport yarn in the Pink Rose color and started a blanket. I tried 4 different patterns before I settled on the Feather and Fan pattern.So Far I have about 23 inches done and then when I finish it, I start all over with another one. Then after I finish the second on, if I have time I will make some booties and hats to go with the blankets.

Daylily, another one tomorrow

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
897 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2012 :  3:50:25 PM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool, Daylily! I have 3 projects I'm actively working on now: a pair of fingerless mitts, a scarf, & a Heirloom Baby Blanket!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2012 :  02:29:19 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I think everyone on the forum must know that I recently finished 25 dishcloths. Now I am back to a pink cardigan that I was knitting for myself and when it is finished I have to finish a denim blue variegated colour cardigan with a lace border. That is also for myself. This is amazing as I usually do not knit for myself. Then I really must knit myself some new bedsocks. I cannot sleep without bedsocks even when it is stinking hot. I really need some nice soft ones as I keep getting sore ankles and they feel like I have a tight band around them. I keep pulling socks off even though they are not tight. It is driving me nuts so I must get some nice soft bedsocks before I go loony.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1784 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2012 :  7:24:12 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm with you on bed socks, Grand=moogi!
I'm on a pair of socks just now, and finishing up a baby blankey for charity.

Happy knitting!

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

emmyc
Chatty Knitter

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2012 :  04:27:29 AM  Show Profile Send emmyc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
good morning all!. I'm struggling through the first sock that is much more complicated than it looked in the pattern. Nearly gave up last night, but figured out how to make it work. Then I get to do a really cool cowl kit called the paint brush cowl from Hill Country Weavers...then another pair of socks and then color affection.

This is all designed to keep me sane while my 13 and 9 y/o boys do their homework.

emmyc
winchester ma
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
897 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2012 :  1:43:35 PM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, Daylily! I got another one for ya!
A couple of days ago, I started working on one of my UFOs- a shawl!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
The more, the merrier!
Go to Top of Page

runlily
New Pal

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2012 :  04:17:57 AM  Show Profile Send runlily a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't have anything on the needles now. I don't really have time to pick out a good pattern, or match the yarn, and then find the right needles. Does anyone need a mindless knitter? Perhaps this should go in the knitting-as-therapy board.

Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
897 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2012 :  10:23:24 AM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey there, runlily! Welcome to the KF! You'll get plenty of knitting inspiration here in the forums!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
The more, the merrier!
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2012 :  04:30:22 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Daylily, you're a very nice neighbor!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

runlily
New Pal

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2012 :  04:24:54 AM  Show Profile Send runlily a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning, again! After saying I didn't have time to get a new project sorted out, it occurred to me that what I really needed to knit was bunnies. Everyone needs bunnies. I started Henry's Bunny, in dark gray Briggs and Little that is too scratchy for the mittens I'd intended it for. And no swatching, of course, since a bunny can't be too small or too big. I still have to get the pattern printed out so that I'm not knitting from a computer screen, but that I can do. Thanks for the warm welcome, craftymjw! I wish I had as much time as inspiration! Could I have imaginary needles and yarn -- if so, I'm currently rummaging through my imaginary stash for yarn to swatch for EZ's Green Sweater. Something green, rugged enough to wear stomping through the marsh while walking the dog.

Have a good day, everyone!
Go to Top of Page

runlily
New Pal

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2012 :  04:26:06 AM  Show Profile Send runlily a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Feather and Fan is so pretty, and such a classic. I love it.
quote:
Originally posted by Daylily

Earlier this month I found out that my neighbor across the street from me, is expecting twin girls. So I got some Bernat Baby Sport yarn in the Pink Rose color and started a blanket. I tried 4 different patterns before I settled on the Feather and Fan pattern.So Far I have about 23 inches done and then when I finish it, I start all over with another one. Then after I finish the second on, if I have time I will make some booties and hats to go with the blankets.

Daylily, another one tomorrow

Go to Top of Page

Gibson Girl
Chatty Knitter

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2012 :  11:17:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Gibson Girl's Homepage Send Gibson Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What's on my needles right this minute is a pattern a good friend is trying to figure out. She's ask for help and I'm happy to oblige. Interesting stitch. It's done on 5 stitches. 2 twist stiches, K1, 2 twist stiches. When the parts of the sweater are complete you let the knit stitch run a ladder all the way down. The twist stitches keep the run snug. It wasn't well written so did take a bit of finagling to figure it out. Seemed to depend on whether you knit into the front or back of the stitch and that wasn't included in the directions. Love to figure this sort of knitting stuff out.
Go to Top of Page

pqpatch
Seriously Hooked

USA
617 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2012 :  10:41:24 AM  Show Profile Send pqpatch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am working on three projects. An afghan for my daughter from a Drops pattern, a cotton summer scarf,and the second sock of a pair. I like to have multiple things going so if I get bored with one, I can pick up the other!

Patty

http://www.etsy.com/shop/twistedsticks?ref=si_shop
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.