Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 What are you reading now?
 stephen king has some new novels
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Greyling
Gabber Extraordinaire

579 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2012 :  1:35:28 PM  Show Profile Send Greyling a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All of a sudden, I've been hearing good things of Stephen King.

The Dome, The Stand, 11.23.63.

They seem to be very long books, approx. 800+ pages.

These seem to be good summer books, but from some of the reviews, readers couldn't put them down.

I have yet to read a SK novel, but might change my mind.

NastiJ
Permanent Resident

1288 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2012 :  6:50:06 PM  Show Profile Send NastiJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Stand is not new - it was originally published in 1978. The Dome is actually "Under the Dome" and came out in late 2009. 11/22/63 was released in Nov. 2011; another newer work is "The Wind Through the Keyhole." I enjoyed the first 2 tremendously - they ARE long, but the expression "page-turner" was made for SK's work, in my opinion. I have 11/22/63 on hold at the library, and am looking forward to the new installment of The Dark Tower series. I "read" the first seven installments as audio books, and this one is to be read by the author himself, so that should add to the experience.

Nancy J.

"Learning how to knit was a snap.It was learning how to stop that nearly destroyed me." Erma Bombeck
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1802 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2012 :  8:30:57 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have never read Stephen King.

Tell me what I am missing!

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

ClimberKnits
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
559 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2012 :  6:44:30 PM  Show Profile Send ClimberKnits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've read King for years. I often wonder what goes on in that head of his. He is one of the few authors that I stay up waaaaaay past when I should be sleeping for. Did not know there was another installment of the Dark Tower in the works. May have to re-read the first few, and I NEVER read a book twice.

ETA
Duh...I need to read more closely. Is the Dark Tower new version an audio book? One that I've already read?
Go to Top of Page

knittingrunner
Seriously Hooked

USA
799 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2012 :  09:46:23 AM  Show Profile Send knittingrunner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Duma Key is a relatively recent King release that reminds me a bit of some of his Bachman stories. Lisey's Story is the book that pulled me back to King after a long break. He has also had a collection of short stories published in the past 3? years - Just Past Sundown, a few of thse have been published individually previously.
Under The Dome gave me the creeps in classic King fashion, but I finished it as I do any King novel.

Bike, Knit, Bike!
knittingbiker on Ravelry
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

765 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  2:59:29 PM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elder girl, When I was about 18 some 100 years ago. I was in the schools lobby reading a Stephen King book that creep me out so bad but I couldn't put it down. When a man walk up and said to me he had kill his Mom. I wanted to cry I could'nt
move. It turned out he said that because I was so into the book and he wanted to scare me. He did and I have not read a Stephen King book again. Donna
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe