Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Knitter's Review Boutique Feedback
 Whatever happened...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  1:15:41 PM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
... to the Knitter's Review Boutique? I remember it from the older newsletters, but it seemed to just disappear. Or am I incredibly blind and it's right in front of my face? (Happens...)

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
912 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2012 :  2:30:04 PM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was wondering about the Knitter's Review Boutique, too! Clara? Help!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
912 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2012 :  6:24:27 PM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, robinstephanie! Clara said she shut it down about 4 or 5 years ago. I bought the niftiest knitting basket from the boutique. Sure do miss it!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2012 :  7:00:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed! I'm sorry. I came to one of those Important Turning Points several years ago where I realized there wasn't enough room in the garden for everything I'd planted. The boutique went.

I appreciate knowing it is missed, though, I really do.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

Deborah Tomasello
Warming Up

58 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2012 :  12:17:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Deborah Tomasello's Homepage Send Deborah Tomasello a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I came in after the Boutique? What was it and how did it work? I want to mourn its passing, too!
Go to Top of Page

LJ
Permanent Resident

USA
1940 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2012 :  7:48:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit LJ's Homepage Send LJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clara had the most beautiful note cards. Assortments of teacups with balls of yarn, fiber against trees and flowers. Just lovely. I hoarded several boxes and only pull them out for the right person. Oh, and lovely holiday cards.

And I too bought a knitting basket. And there was a nice offering of stitch markers in sterling, I believe.

Just a little of this and that.

Linda in Va

My Blog: http://wallisknits.blogspot.com
My Patterns:
Go to Top of Page

Deborah Tomasello
Warming Up

58 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2012 :  03:42:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Deborah Tomasello's Homepage Send Deborah Tomasello a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clara, we want you to expand your garden! We'll help weed and water! The Boutique sounds great! Was it a place to trade and swap, or did Clara sell items there? Was it a thread in the forum? Could the Boutique be a feature at the next retreat? Those of us who never experienced it could get a taste? It sounds yummy...
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
912 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2012 :  7:54:27 PM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Deborah, it was absolutely yummy!
Clara, any hope of getting the boutique back?

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2012 :  09:54:04 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't mind having been on time to KR so that I could have hoarded some cool note cards and other treats, but I imagine the boutique was a lot of work, a lot of stock, planning ahead, stuff that wouldn't sell along with the stuff that would, paperwork, trips to the post office, returns, exchanges, book-keeping, all of which must have taken a great deal of time and mean Clara couldn't be spinning or knitting or writing, and I also imagine that perhaps it wasn't particularly remunerative for the time that went into it. How's that for a run-on sentence, Clara?

I think the garden sounds like a much sounder investment!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.