Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Ideal Knitting Bag
 Knitting Needle Roll Holders
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

kemer
Warming Up

72 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  1:41:22 PM  Show Profile Send kemer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know this section said Ideal Knitting Bag, but I couldn't find another spot to put this.

I know you can buy these in most LYS but I'm a female version of a Tim Allen (from the tv show Home Improvement) Why should I pay for it if I can make it? Now I know mine are crudely made, I've seen some online that people are selling and mine are no were near as nice as those, but mine were made from scrap fabric and free fabric and very little talent with sewing.http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4151/1000337v.jpg

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/498/1000404y.jpg

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/5051/1000406l.jpg

Kemer,

Keep Christ In Christmas

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14548372@N02

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1257 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  3:49:35 PM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Those are really useful and great, and I like the idea of making them yourself out of leftovers. Might try it myself, although my sewing skills are admittedly poor.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

Margie
Permanent Resident

USA
1032 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2013 :  5:49:37 PM  Show Profile Send Margie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only F I ever received in my life was in sewing.

My big sister's the seamstress, not I. I did, however, have a great time (to hear my parents tell it) of telling her --emphasis not added but as said:

No, that's *wrong! Take it out. Do it AGAIN.

What a joy to rule over my older sister for once. We are good friends now and have been for years, but growing up and sharing a room ... you understand.

Margie and Mimi (my hearing dog who doesn't knit -- yet)

Go to Top of Page

jlpanecki
New Pal

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2013 :  12:01:01 PM  Show Profile Send jlpanecki a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kemer

I like your needle roll better than the one I bought online!

I have plenty of old fabric, think I will make one especially for my really long straights, which don't fit in my roll anyway!

Janet
Go to Top of Page

purlthis
Permanent Resident

USA
2754 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2013 :  4:58:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit purlthis's Homepage Send purlthis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As a sewer, I love it! Anyone have any circular patterns? That's my biggest nightmare storage, haha.

Rachel
------------------------------------------------------
As I get older, I prefer to knit. Tracey Ullman
Go to Top of Page

Mauoijenn
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2013 :  09:50:28 AM  Show Profile Send Mauoijenn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice!! You just inspired me to make one for my knitting bag.
I would also add another pocket for a small pair of scissors.

"People in their right minds never take pride in their talents." - Harper Lee, To Kill A Mockingbird
Go to Top of Page

EmEm
Warming Up

Ireland
87 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2013 :  08:47:46 AM  Show Profile Send EmEm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They look very nice to me. The thing I like about making things myself is that I can custom fit it to my needs. I'm always finding great bags or wraps. But one has a feature I like, but not the right pockets. And another has the right pockets, but not the size I want. Thanks for sharing your pics!
Go to Top of Page

Senta
New Pal

Australia
1 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2013 :  5:55:32 PM  Show Profile Send Senta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
These look lovely! I am going to make this on the weekend, as I am constantly scratching through the last five bags I used for projects, swatches etc to see what my needle stock is. I love the numbering on the compartments, and will likely add a separate pocket somewhere to put needle and stitch holders too. Thank you for sharing this.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe