Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Book recommendations and questions
 Hunger Games.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
909 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2012 :  11:02:46 AM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings, knitters! Has anybody read the Hunger Games? Recently bought it & was curious what you thought of it.

craftmjw

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2385 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2012 :  12:19:10 PM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I liked it. I'm reading the second right now. Saw the movie last weekend and it was pretty good - stayed fairly true to the book (more than most do, IMHO). It's a very easy/quick read. Hope you enjoy it.

azblue
------------------------------------------------------------------
So much to learn, so little time.
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2012 :  1:39:52 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I read all 3 of the books and saw the movie on the first
day. I enjoyed the books and the movie. Look forward to movie 2 & 3.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4160 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2012 :  3:07:09 PM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Loved Book 1. Liked book 2. Struggled to get through Book 3. May the odds be ever in your favor!

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

slaggyc
Permanent Resident

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2012 :  3:07:22 PM  Show Profile Send slaggyc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also read all the books and loved them! Couldn't put them down! I thought the movie was okay, but definitely liked the books better.

Slaggyc
http://wheresmyverve.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

One Stitch at a Time
Chatty Knitter

294 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  06:48:06 AM  Show Profile Send One Stitch at a Time a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Loved the first book. Great beach or plane read. Will read the other two over the summer.
Go to Top of Page

llmcguire
Warming Up

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  1:26:32 PM  Show Profile Send llmcguire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I listened to all three audiobooks. The first was good, the second was 'ok', the third was not so good. I felt the 3rd book was rushed and would have benefitted from more quality time in plot/story development. It's a Young Adult book series, so there are few "big words" and the sentence structures are average/predictable. I also found the reader's voice/performance to be whiney, overly dramatic and thus very annoying at times. This series is not a soap opera and I feel it needs not to be read like one. (Katniss is not a 'Drama Queen', you know?) I did struggle to finish the last book. There was a time that I said, "OK, I've had enough already," to look and noticed that there was only about 20 minutes left in the book. I figured I had toughed it out through 2+ books, I can finish the last 20 minutes. I don't regret listening to all three books, I wanted to finish the series; I'm just dissappointed. I did see the movie this past weekend. I thought it did follow the book pretty well, but I, too, liked the book better.
Go to Top of Page

emmyc
Chatty Knitter

USA
187 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2012 :  05:03:44 AM  Show Profile Send emmyc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm on the second and enjoying them. My son(13) read all the books and really wanted me to read them.

I think I'm enjoying the conversations with my son the more than the books! His whole 7th grade class went to see the movie las week and he really loved it.

emmyc
winchester ma
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
909 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2012 :  5:31:22 PM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the info, knitters!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Go to Top of Page

PBELKNAP
Permanent Resident

USA
1136 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2012 :  11:54:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit PBELKNAP's Homepage Send PBELKNAP a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I read all three and absolutely adored them!

PAM

Twitter Name = WildKnitter

Blog: http://wildknitter.blogspot.com

If I could only do this for a living...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth