Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Knitter's Review Retreat details and Sheepshow
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Talk about yarns reviewed in Knitter's Review
 Ewe Ewe Yarns Wooly Worsted Washable
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Carol Metzger
New Pal

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  06:35:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Carol Metzger's Homepage  Send Carol Metzger a Yahoo! Message Send Carol Metzger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have an opinion that may make me unpopular. I think this yarn was launched before it was ready. With a more comprehensive palette, better quality control, longer skeins, and a more competitive price, it might have a chance.

http://cfmdesigns.net/

spinningkat
New Pal

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  08:14:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit spinningkat's Homepage Send spinningkat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree Carol. I also used to own a yarn shop and out of that experience also started a line of yarn back in 2006. Instead of one yarn, I started with seven, and hand dyed with now over 60 colorways and colorwashes. And I have a washable merino in DK weight (almost worsted.) And we do have a good foothold. I am glad that this yarn has some pattern support as it is needed to sell yarn. It is very competitive out there and a deeper line helps.

Kat
Check out news at Scarlet Fleece: www.scarletfleece.com
Go to Top of Page

Stasher
New Pal

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2012 :  1:59:57 PM  Show Profile Send Stasher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have not tried the Wooly Worsted from Ewe Ewe, but so far my favorite machine washable and machine dry-able yarn is Swish from Knit Picks. It is very soft and there are many colors, too (40 solids in worsted and dk, 15 in bulky, and 14 tonal shades in worsted weight). It stretches during the wash, but it comes out wonderful after machine drying. The price is about half of this washable worsted from Ewe-Ewe.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe