Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Completion Issues?
 Einstein Coat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ChrissyO
New Pal

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2012 :  06:31:37 AM  Show Profile Send ChrissyO a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone I am having some trouble picking up my Einstein coat. I have one sleeve left and I cannot seem to get the gumption to finish it off. It's been sitting here STARING at me for a year!! Oh I can pick up and do shawls and hats and socks etc, but NOOO can I finish this sweater coat........no. I need some pushing or encouragement or something Chrissy

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2012 :  08:50:15 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi ChrissyO, I here to tell I bought the yarn and the book and it still in the bag. Every year I look at it and say I going to start it and something jumps in front of it. I would love to see it when you finish maybe you will be just what I need to get started. I'm thanking you advance. Donna
Go to Top of Page

Milinda
Permanent Resident

USA
3817 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2012 :  12:30:43 PM  Show Profile Send Milinda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't done this coat jacket but one thing I always make myself do is knit the sleeves and fronts or jackets or cardys at the same time or I know I will get sidetracked!

M L
Go to Top of Page

dothead
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
550 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2012 :  2:17:04 PM  Show Profile Send dothead a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, ChrissyO, I will be writing the same post as you next year. I started the Einstein and I am still on the bottom, you know where you just knit and knit until the circumference is as big as you want. It will take me forever to finish it.

Vicki, the Constant Lurker(who sometimes stops lurking and actually posts)
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2012 :  9:32:28 PM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's always Fran's Ten Minute Rule: Make a commitment to work on it ten minutes every day, and eventually you'll get it done. Or five minutes if that's all you feel you can handle. (Sometimes I do three!) Somehow just knowing that I only have to do a few minutes gets me through it. I also find that sometimes the next day it's easier, because I probably spent most of my time the previous day figuring out where I was, so I don't have to do it again. ChrissyO, if you use the search function here and search on "ten minute rule" you'll get more information on this tip--how it works for people and how they feel about the rule (and Fran)--than you'll know what to do with. Plus it's always a pleasure to read Fran's posts. [Edited to add last sentence.]

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

PBELKNAP
Permanent Resident

USA
1136 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2012 :  12:27:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit PBELKNAP's Homepage Send PBELKNAP a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I get like this with plain stockinette socks. It can take me ages to complete them...

PAM

Twitter Name = WildKnitter

Blog: http://wildknitter.blogspot.com

If I could only do this for a living...
Go to Top of Page

jaknitsea@charter.net
New Pal

6 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  1:50:44 PM  Show Profile Send jaknitsea@charter.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I almost do the Ten minute rule, except lately I have been making myself do a seam at a time rule, or a small section of threads to weave in kind of deal. Completely finished the Amiga sweater using this "kind of deal" with myself.

Janice
Knitting in southeastern WI, USA
Go to Top of Page

windcheetah
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  3:53:59 PM  Show Profile Send windcheetah a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I started this coat about a month ago, and I've finished the bottom, and am now doing the three torso portions, more or less concurrently, as I like to do the whole thing evenly, as much as possible. I need to get about two more skeins in one of the colors. I'm using Southwest Trading Company "Dream Big" yarn in several colors (it was on closeout at a LYS), which required some modifications to the pattern. It's turning out well so far. I will eventually do the sleeves together, and likely use circular needles, as I would also prefer to do as little sewing as possible.

I can only say that if you start picking up the stitches, the rest will follow. If I only had one sleeve left, I'd be staying up 'til the wee hours to finish. The final finishing stage is what usually gets me, though, but I eventually do finish 'em.

windcheetah
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?