Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Stuck on a Pattern
 Help with Meg Swansen's Shawl Collared Vest
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the yarn addict
New Pal

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2012 :  11:36:49 AM  Show Profile Send the yarn addict a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi there: I am just about to start Meg Swansen's shawl collared vest from her book Handknitting with Meg Swansen. She says to "work 5-6 rounds before crossing the first cable, inserting a set of short rows across the back in the ribbing to counteract the dreaded riding-up." By a set does she mean 2 short rows? So these short rows would go from side "seam" to side "seam"? And I assume they would be placed in the ribbing before the first cable crossing? I just want to make sure as I've never done short rows in ribbing before. Thanks for your help. Alyce

"If you come to me in friendship ... then my heart shall be knit to yours.""

emmyc
Chatty Knitter

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  03:48:37 AM  Show Profile Send emmyc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
holy cow, I don't think I'd know where to start with that. I suggest going right to the source. There is a phone number and email contact for technical kntting questions on the School House Press site(see below). I have emailed designers a couple of times when I don't understand or can't quite get something to work and have always have lovely response.

good luck!
http://www.schoolhousepress.com/

emmyc
winchester ma
Go to Top of Page

the yarn addict
New Pal

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  05:07:31 AM  Show Profile Send the yarn addict a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks. That's a great idea. I'll do it right now and let you know how it goes. Alyce

Go to Top of Page

the yarn addict
New Pal

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2012 :  05:38:53 AM  Show Profile Send the yarn addict a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You were right, I received an answer right away. Great idea. Thanks again. Alyce

Go to Top of Page

emmyc
Chatty Knitter

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  04:21:09 AM  Show Profile Send emmyc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
you're welcome! happy knitting.

emmyc
winchester ma
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by