Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Current Projects?
 How's your summer knitting going?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  1:59:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Howdy everybody!

Seeing as it's already almost the MIDDLE OF JUNE (gasp), I thought I'd check in and see how your summer knitting is going. What are you making?

I succumbed to Color Affection/Affliction/Addiction after making a pact with some friends at Maryland Sheep and Wool (they know who they are - I expect a report). Progress isn't as fast as I'd like (life keeps intruding) but it's a thoroughly pleasant knit. Not much thinking required.

What about you? What's on the needles?

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4390 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  2:43:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Too many things, none of which are seeing any progress! A simple pair of socks, a Hitchhiker scarf, a WinnowIng shawl, and my Allegan cardigan. I'm taking them with me when I go on a little vacation this weekend, and I plan to apply Fran's ten-minute rule. I might even finish something!

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: Flickr Album
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4166 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  4:59:18 PM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm reaching the end of the 'third' section of my color affliction, which is being done mostly in blacks and greys.
Oops!

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

anderknit
Permanent Resident

USA
2604 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  5:24:33 PM  Show Profile Send anderknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a baby sweater that is wallowing in a bag. I usually love knitting baby things, but this one is just annoying. On the other hand, I started the Pop Blanket. Love love love. It's a good summer / anytime project. The squares are small enough so that even I can finish one in a sitting or two, and between the different cast on, the short rows, and the Noro, there's always something exciting going on. Here it is (not mine):

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pop-blanket

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "
Go to Top of Page

jaymeKnits
Permanent Resident

USA
1350 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  6:28:22 PM  Show Profile  Send jaymeKnits a Yahoo! Message Send jaymeKnits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Still on my silk addiction, just finished a silk shawl/capelet that I'm self publishing as soon as I get it test knit. I'm playing around with a sweater idea in my head and swatching, I think it may be too hot to knit right now but is hard to shake. I'm working on a lace scarf but the repetition is wearing thin so it may take a while to finish. I'm also debating a reimagination of my favite sweater that my grandma knit for my mom. It's older than I am and is unwearable now but I love it and would love to adapt it and rework the ideas in it to bring it into this century. Im hoping this summer will give me more time to get some of these things finished.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Signature? Who needs a signature?
Go to Top of Page

noallatin
Chatty Knitter

285 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  6:57:59 PM  Show Profile Send noallatin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My summer starts on Saturday, June 16th. I have 3 pairs of socks and 2 lace shawls to work on. I don't think I'll be starting anything new for a while.

noella
Go to Top of Page

Sloknitr
Warming Up

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  7:21:42 PM  Show Profile Send Sloknitr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have taken my Cardi From Hell out of hibernation. It will either be worn in Paris this fall or tossed from the top the Eiffel Tower! My delicious treat is Franklin Habit's The Anna Shawl in a beautiful spun silk fingering weight dyed by Unique Sheep. My fun project is the Through The Loops KAL. Of course there is always a sock project for a quick take along & assorted other fits and starts, but the first 3 are what I aim to complete through the summer.
Go to Top of Page

llmcguire
Warming Up

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  7:46:31 PM  Show Profile Send llmcguire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Trying hard to finish my first cardigan, Aidez, maybe 35% complete; just cast-on for my Sister's Birthday present, a gorgeous shawl, Lune Shawl by Miriam L. Felton in Woolen Rabbit Opal Blush; also have a accessory scarf OTN. Trying real hard not to succumb to Summer-Induced Startitis as there are many, many project I'd love to have OTN, including another cardigan or two, several pairs of socks, a few shawls/scarfs/cowls and a blanket. Anyone else have this problem?
Go to Top of Page

lizknit
Permanent Resident

USA
1179 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  9:56:25 PM  Show Profile Send lizknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just finished a baby sweater and blanket for my cousin's daughter. Now I'm working on the Hourglass Throw which I hope will keep us warm next winter.
Go to Top of Page

marjotse
Permanent Resident

Sweden
1018 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  10:25:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit marjotse's Homepage Send marjotse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have switched to knitting with linen.... Finished a lacy top in linen and I am now knitting with Shibui linen. And can I just praise this really unique linen. It is a chainette construction fingering yarn, which featherlight and it makes a real nice somewhat rustic looking fabric which has terrific drape. Fresh colours too, perfect for summer item knitting.... (I am really not paid by Shibui, but it is really great stuff, this linen).

Marjolein

http://kantajour.blogspot.com
my photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/98299499@N00/
On Ravelry: Marjotse
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
910 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  12:24:21 AM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings, knitters! Been knitting several novelty yarn scarves; seems everybody wants 'em!
Also, been working on one of my UFOs- a lovely red shawl!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Go to Top of Page

Deborah Tomasello
Warming Up

58 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  03:14:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Deborah Tomasello's Homepage Send Deborah Tomasello a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The list is endless! Let's see, I have several hats in the works, matching socks (matches to the hats, not necessarily to each other), a baby sweater, a for-me sweater, stranded mittens and, oh!, several four-stranded projects because I am LOVING this technique! (The loom is also full.)
Go to Top of Page

emmyc
Chatty Knitter

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  03:38:25 AM  Show Profile Send emmyc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I took an all day workshop with Nancy Bush and have embarked on Madli's Shawl from her book. I'm really enjoying the pattern, but my favorite part is that I'm using a lovely blue KnitPicks lace yarn that I snagged from the KR retreat stash room last November. Many thanks to whoever left it!

emmyc
winchester ma
Go to Top of Page

Doing_the_Continental
New Pal

17 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  04:10:03 AM  Show Profile Send Doing_the_Continental a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm knitting for charity this summer. A group of us are knitting shawls for women in Africa seeking treatment from obstetric fistulas. To learn more about what these amazing women have to go through see the PBS documentary "A Walk to Beautiful."

Doing_the_Continental
Go to Top of Page

Ann2Knit
Warming Up

50 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  04:37:02 AM  Show Profile Send Ann2Knit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I started my first lace shawl project -- "Ashton Shawlette" -- after years of yearning to knit lace. I'm using Glimmer from the Alpaca Yarn Company. The glorious thing about the pattern is the chart reading guidance that is helping me overcome my chart phobia. I got derailed from the shawl by an email from afghans for Afghans announcing a campaign for socks, mittens and hats - due in July. So, for the last month I've been alternating between mittens (5 pairs) and socks (1 pair)
Go to Top of Page

knitzincville
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  04:51:49 AM  Show Profile Send knitzincville a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am knitting "Little Oak" in Milla Mia, the dove color. This yarn is fabulous! I am also using Louisa Harding Willow Tweed to make the Varese hoodie. Both projects are fun and satisfying and it is easy to switch back and forth.
Go to Top of Page

simpleknitter
Chatty Knitter

USA
126 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  05:10:04 AM  Show Profile Send simpleknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Blanket cardi in Rowan wool cotton is half done.
Go to Top of Page

stherio
New Pal

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  05:10:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit stherio's Homepage Send stherio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, since I've been a first time Grandma for a whole month, I'm making baby things galore! I also have socks on needles for car rides. I might have a mitten going too - not sure. But, I have lots of stuff going on in my head!! I just need more time.......

Suzy
Go to Top of Page

Desert007
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  05:31:09 AM  Show Profile Send Desert007 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm finishing the Artisans and Old Lace Shawl from an old Vogue Knitting, said to be by Elizabeth Zimmerman and Meg Swansen. However, I've learned from Meg herself that it's by Vogue Magazine!

I'm also teaching people how to knit in a free class at the local library. It's been very fun, and I have probably learned the most!

Also on the needles is Nancy's Bush's Tudor Shawl and a pair of Nancy Bush's sleeping socks!

Sounds like I'm busy!
Go to Top of Page

sviter
New Pal

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  06:14:48 AM  Show Profile Send sviter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
every summer i turn to my cones of weaving cottons. this summer i'm combining 4 ugly colors of 16/2 cottons to knit together in a combo i call great speckled bird for a simple tee on a size 3 needle. sweater wizard helps. next will be a combo of 3 greens and cobalt (again 16/2's) for a winter v-neck. this is in addition to the regular socks, hats, shawls, and sweaters for gifts.
Go to Top of Page

ikkivan
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  06:38:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit ikkivan's Homepage Send ikkivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just started a Moderne Baby Blanket from stash yarn; whether it will actually be a baby blanket or a throw will depend on when the yarn runs out. I also have socks for DH from the Solemate yarn on the needles, but had to put them aside until after hand surgery next week (I can handle larger needles without so much pain, but not the sock needles). Also, I always have a napkin or dishcloth in progress in my purse. And, I have a Fair Isle tam in mind for the fair around Labor Day, and I just finished a little cotton-blend tank top for 5-year-old granddaughter.

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.56 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?