Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Current Projects?
 How's your summer knitting going?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

purlgin
Chatty Knitter

109 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2012 :  9:09:45 PM  Show Profile Send purlgin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anderknit

Purlgin, I agree with you - Noro and the Eco-wool are not good baby choices - even after rinsing/blocking, I think it's too scratchy for a baby."

Just to follow up -- after roaming around Ravelry and the web in general, I think I've found two good choices for soft, machine-washable wool with long color repeats -- Jojoland Rhythm and Classic Elite Liberty Print. I'm leaning toward the Liberty because the colors look extra-vibrant. Has anyone used either of these yarns? Are they really soft?
Go to Top of Page

mjhealy
Warming Up

76 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2012 :  05:18:01 AM  Show Profile Send mjhealy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fun to read to everyone's posts. Can't wait to see all the Color Affections. Lately, I've knit hats and mittens for latest afghans for Afghans campaign. I cast on for a simple lace shawl last week on vacation with String Theory Selku skein won in the raffle at 2011 KRR. The skein is the melon colorway...very summery.
Go to Top of Page

Gelliott
Seriously Hooked

USA
911 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2012 :  5:33:27 PM  Show Profile Send Gelliott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The moment school ends and my grades are turned in, I inventory my UFOs and WIPs (some of them several years on the needles) and try to finish a few. Right now I am finishing a loose cardigan in lace-weight wool. I have no pattern and had to knit the first sleeve 4 times before it looked right!. Fortunately the second sleeve is easy, and more than half done.
I'll knit some socks for Afghans 4 Afghans, and I want to plan my Christmas gift knitting (I always plan to get started in the summer, but never really do!).

Gelliott
Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

4004 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2012 :  5:52:50 PM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've swatched the Euroflax linen but it is not clear yet what it will be.

Donna in VA

The Honor Roll? It's easier here than in school. Scroll up to "Want to Make Betty Happy?" and be an Honor Roll member.
Go to Top of Page

Gibson Girl
Chatty Knitter

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  3:59:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gibson Girl's Homepage Send Gibson Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just finishing a short cardigan in Blue Sky Alpaca that has a beaded design on the back and the lower sleeves. I was finally clued in by a generous knitter about using the little teeth flossing gizzmo for threading the beads - wow what a breeze!Size 2 needles so I hop to have it finished when the weather cools. It's a lovely shade of grayish violet with beads just a bit darker.
Go to Top of Page

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1845 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  4:37:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here it is the middle of July, and I've been on the road for a full month with NO knitting done! However, I just finished up recording, editing and mixing a new diatonic autoharp CD in Pennsylvania, so I do have something to say for the time gone by.

Hope everyone is having a good summer!

From Basking Ridge, NJ,

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
Go to Top of Page

ikkivan
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
549 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  7:09:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit ikkivan's Homepage Send ikkivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've just taken a break from a baby blanket/throw that was becoming awfully warm in my lap to make a few (I'm on the third this week) newborn baby hats. A friend at church handed me a flyer about a call for purple baby hats (Period of Purple Crying) for a project connected with shaken baby syndrome/education for preventing infant abuse and said, "You're the only knitter I know, so I thought I'd pass this on to you." Now another friend who crochets is joining me, and we hope to send off a box full by the deadline in the fall.

Baby hats are fun and cute and fast and don't take much yarn, so this is an enjoyable unexpected diversion.

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1810 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  8:05:07 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's July 11, and my son and our grandkids (from France) have just left. :-(
We had such a wonderful time!
Anyway, I have gotten absolutely no knitting done. Nada. Zero. for the entire late spring early summer!
But getting ready here at home for my grandchildren's first visit , was worth it!

So, I'm just sayin', no knitting done here! but now I have to start on the little boys' winter scarves and hats. They chose their yarns, so Go Anna!

Best wishes,

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1927 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2012 :  5:50:40 PM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings, it is nice to be back here. I have some hats to mail for Afghans4Afghans as well, and seem to have gotten stuck on amigurumi animals lately.Happy knitting and crocheting to everyone, Chayah in NY.

"Each breath really is a new beginning of the rest of our lives." Jon Kabat-Zinn
Go to Top of Page

Marylou12
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2012 :  04:30:38 AM  Show Profile Send Marylou12 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm working on a sweater, a triangular scarf, a cabled cowl, a shawl and a lacy scarf. I usually have about 7-8 WIP's on needles, but now I'm running a little short....

Live, Laugh, Love
Go to Top of Page

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  2:45:09 PM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This year, I've set up a booth at the local farmer's market, and sell kids' hats, dishcloths, little toys that DD2 knits, and homemade bread. I can keep up with the hats (and the bread!), but sold 13 dishcloths today, and cannot replace them in one week, even with DD2 helping me knit.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

ikkivan
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
549 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  3:16:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit ikkivan's Homepage Send ikkivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jan, this may be a bit off the main topic, but may I ask about your dishcloths ... size and yarn (as in, how many cloths from one ball of which yarn?), patterns (plain, textured, embossed with design) and price? I know dishcloths are very popular and there are some women in my area (SW Oklahoma) who are discussing a very similar possibility, but no one knows how to charge for a dishcloth when the yarn costs as much as a bundle of the things at the dollar store.

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
912 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  5:27:16 PM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, working on a baby hat & bootie set. Some touch up work to be done on the hat, but just started on the booties. Real cute!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Go to Top of Page

Gibson Girl
Chatty Knitter

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2012 :  09:56:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Gibson Girl's Homepage Send Gibson Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I now have the project from hell. Years ago I knit a beautiful sweater that has lots of beads. Love the sweater but it is too large (yes, the gauge was correct) This was before I figured out how to use the little flossing gizmo for threading beads so I sewed them on with silk thread. Now I've decided to unravel the thing and reknit in a smaller size. The problem is removing all those little beads so I CAN unravel. An idiot job for a TV night. Half way through the project I regret not giving it to a larger friend.
Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

4004 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2012 :  05:01:36 AM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I finished my Samus that was an UFO for a long time and am getting ready to cast on my Euroflax during the opening ceremonies tonight.

Donna in VA

The Honor Roll? It's easier here than in school. Scroll up to "Want to Make Betty Happy?" and be an Honor Roll member.
Go to Top of Page

ikkivan
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
549 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2012 :  07:51:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit ikkivan's Homepage Send ikkivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've taken a break from the charity baby hats to work on a few things for our county fair, which still has few categories for knitted items. I'm more than halfway done with a bread-basket liner of Euroflax linen and am determined to enter it (or at least make a fuss) in the Household Linens category, which I know is meant for sewn fabric items. How could this NOT qualify as a "household linen?"

Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

699 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2012 :  5:14:44 PM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seven months and 12 pairs of socks later! Back in January I dragged out all my bags with only one sock in them and started knitting the second sock. I now only have a handful of unfinished pairs left. Also, I'm one third through a shawl called Semele ( designed by Asa Tricosa ). It is a very nice pattern once you have figured out the beginning and well worth knitting.

Kristina
Go to Top of Page

Consuelo
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
582 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2012 :  9:44:06 PM  Show Profile Send Consuelo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been knitting for fund raisers. One was for a sea bird re-hab facility. Their theme this year was a bird by the name of Blue Footed Booby - I swear, that's it's real name! I actually found a pattern on Ravelry and knitted up five of them, they brought $25 each for the benefit. See it here http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/feathers-3

Then I knitted a bag for our village's auction in support of our ambulance service. It brought $65 - I was pleased. See pic here: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/consuelo/windmill-bag

Also, I've started a Stitch and beach group at my house on tuesday nights. It's a small group of 5 with attendance always contingent on not having company or a golf game or a sail. It's a bit touch and go but it gets me to clean the house :-D

Consuelo
"Perfect" is the enemy of good!
Go to Top of Page

Patience
Permanent Resident

USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2012 :  8:12:31 PM  Show Profile Send Patience a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been having a bit of a slump with my knitting and crocheting this summer. I've worked on a couple of things such as a crocheted ripple baby blanket and a pair of socks but I began 2 other projects that I've left 'calling my name' all alone in their little baskets....how sad is that? Anyhow, I just can't get back into it and I don't know why....hopefully that will change with the arrival of a very welcome cooler autumn.

Cheers, Patience

Faith, Hope, Charity & Yarn Snippets

Go to Top of Page

Vicky10
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2012 :  09:03:46 AM  Show Profile Send Vicky10 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am thinking about simple weekend crochet - cap for baby girl. Dont know what to expect :P, but at least I have a vision http://www.kcsjewelry.org/store/products/315/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.61 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?