Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Talk about yarns reviewed in Knitter's Review
 Comfort yarns: Shepherd Worsted
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Clara
queen bee

USA
4403 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  6:08:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For a while now, it's bugged me that I've never written about Shepherd Worsted from Lorna's Laces. It's one of those trusted standbys that you forget how much you like until you see someone wearing a gorgeous sweater and ask what the yarn is.

For me, it's a comfort yarn, something I reach for when I need some easy and delicious knitting. Metaphorically speaking, of course. ;-)

Shall we swatch?

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher

anderknit
Permanent Resident

USA
2600 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  04:05:55 AM  Show Profile Send anderknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As you noted in your review, while this yarn felt nice to knit and the colors are wonderful, my one project with it showed signs of "wear" even before I had finished it. It's too bad - I do love looking at the colors, but I am reluctant to knit with it again.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "
Go to Top of Page

ikkivan
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
542 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  06:31:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit ikkivan's Homepage Send ikkivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clara, which yarn would you recommend for a sweater for that trek up Mount Everest? I would think such a yarn might work for a teen grandson I have in mind ...

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)
Go to Top of Page

Schaeferyarnlover
Gabber Extraordinaire

513 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  11:49:52 AM  Show Profile Send Schaeferyarnlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I spent much of the winter knitting a sweater/jacket with this yarn. The item was a gift, I'll have to ask my sister about the pilling and maybe buying her a pill shaver.

Debra
Go to Top of Page

Punctuatedknitter
Seriously Hooked

819 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  1:09:38 PM  Show Profile Send Punctuatedknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My main project this summer is in this yarn, an Aran Sweater for my husband. It is delightful to work with, so very soft and easy to knit evenly. My washed swatch got a little fuzzy, but I don't expect the sweater to get very hard wear.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe