Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitterly Happenings and Events
 TNNA 2012
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mathiemom
Chatty Knitter

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2012 :  06:28:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit mathiemom's Homepage Send mathiemom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To comment on Clara's report on this year's TNNA, here are my reactions:
Natural fibers: {like}
Fancy needle technology: {like}
Breed-specific fiber availability: {LOVE}
Rebirth of novelty yarns: {Why? Why? Why???}

Wendy

NutmegOwl
Gabber Extraordinaire

582 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2012 :  11:48:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit NutmegOwl's Homepage Send NutmegOwl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now that Stitches East is firmly ensconced in my backyard for another three years, I do remind myself that I am not necessarily representative of all knitters. Thus, the novelty push is not for me. OTOH, the breed-specific trend may not engage the others who like sparkle. It is, after all, a big tent. We don't all have to stand in the same place inside it. ;)

Besides, if we did, then I would have to use my talons to keep everyone away from all that beautiful BFL!!!

-----
Nutmeg Owl
Quaecumque sunt vera
http://www.owlwaysknitting.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

mathiemom
Chatty Knitter

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2012 :  10:07:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit mathiemom's Homepage Send mathiemom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Owl, you are wise, as always. It's a big tent with plenty of room for all kinds of yarn preferences. I was merely giving my own personal reactions!

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

NutmegOwl
Gabber Extraordinaire

582 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  11:51:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit NutmegOwl's Homepage Send NutmegOwl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed. I hereby will my lifetime allotment of yarn with sparkles to any knitter who will appreciate it. ;)

-----
Nutmeg Owl
Quaecumque sunt vera
http://www.owlwaysknitting.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2051 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  3:09:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was quite surprised to see a large variety of novelty yarn at my LYS last Saturday. I thought that fad was gone. Then, wonder of wonders, what do I buy? Three skeins of Plymouth's Mulberry Merino, in a soft copper/brown color and three balls of Plymouth Eros in a brown with shiny brown/gold insets. It is working up beautifully, held double. It will make a lovely, but expensive, scarf.

I just tried to look the yarns up on Plymouth's site and neither one is there!

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Go to Top of Page

bananaknits
New Pal

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2012 :  07:49:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit bananaknits's Homepage Send bananaknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with "mathiemom"

Rebirth of novelty yarns: {Why? Why? Why???}
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.