Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Knitter's Review Retreat details and Sheepshow
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Spinning
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AlpacaFarmer
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  11:37:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit AlpacaFarmer's Homepage Send AlpacaFarmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone spin their own yarn?

Hums of Faith Suri Alpacas

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2042 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  3:14:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have an Ashford Traditional wheel and do spin some. I want a Woolee Winder and then I'll spin more. My problem is I don't like to stop to move the yarn over a peg/hook. With the Woolee Winder I'll be able to just keep spinning and spinning!

I have a knitting friend that is using spindles. Her yarn is beautiful, and lace weight to boot!

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1236 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  09:18:21 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm learning to. Don't own a wheel yet, but have taken several classes. It's just as dangerous/fun/obsessing as knitting.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

jennysays
Warming Up

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2012 :  07:04:27 AM  Show Profile Send jennysays a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I mostly spin for small projects such as cowls, mittens, hats and such. I am not sure I am able to manage consistency for a sweater's amount of handspun yet though. I really enjoy creating my own yarns, using my own imagination to get exactly what I want. That doesn't stop me from buying yarns I have only been spinning for about a year and a half so my skills are still pretty limited. My wheel is a sonata, and it is fine for my limited skill set. And I have one turkish spindle that I can spin for a very consistent worsted weight 2-ply.
Go to Top of Page

Ruby Plaid
Seriously Hooked

USA
661 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2012 :  1:10:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ruby Plaid's Homepage Send Ruby Plaid a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been spinning on spindles for three years, mostly fingering to worsted weight. I've had a Sonata spining wheel for about a year as well. I also do mainly small projects such as mittens, hats and cowls. Maybe someday I'l spin yarn for a sweater or other large project but I'm content for now with the smaller items.

My knitting & crafts blog is here: http://www.spindyeknitlove.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

La galloise
Chatty Knitter

France
162 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  1:42:06 PM  Show Profile Send La galloise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes,I use it for knitting,crocheting and weaving.I spin with a Majacraft Rose.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.55 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe