Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Family / personal / health issues
 Alone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  05:12:07 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was starting to feel all alone on KR when I saw a name pop up. I would like to say good morning to Patshere.

emmyc
Chatty Knitter

USA
193 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  05:50:41 AM  Show Profile Send emmyc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not Pat, but I would have to agree it's been feeling a little ghost townish...

emmyc
winchester ma
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  06:57:40 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have noticed that too although I am usually on line when most of you people are either in bed or getting up and trotting off to work. Just means that this forum never sleeps.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2012 :  10:12:51 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, loads of folks are off and running with summertime activities, and clearly spend less time here. Bummer! I always love it when KR is hopping.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2046 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2012 :  3:42:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I usually check in several times a day, I just don't post as much anymore. Seems I've harped enough already about life lines and different knitting issues!

Don't remember if I posted here about my left thumb tendon problem. I finally had surgery the 20th of June and it really has made a big difference. I still have some pain, but that is my fault! (Don't tell my doctor!) I am so happy to be able to knit and knit and knit now! No socks, they require a tight tension, but I'm working on a really nice scarf that can be knit with less tension.

I finally turned the a/c on this last Thursday. Boy am I glad I'm not in DC where my son lives! 6:41 here and it is still 96.5F outside, 73.5 inside.

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Go to Top of Page

Patshere
Chatty Knitter

171 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2012 :  08:29:45 AM  Show Profile Send Patshere a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here I am!

I've also noticed a dearth of signed on friends lately. Everyone might be out enjoying the searing heat, but not I. I'll be inside until later this afternoon when I'll head over to the Wickford Art Festival.
Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3460 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2012 :  6:24:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The summer (well, summer in the Northern Hemisphere since Grand-moogi must be enjoying winter weather!) is always slow on the KR forums -- blame it on travel, barbecues, and the heat. At least if I get to travel, I can visit new yarn stores and see what is popular in other places. I saw many hats with twisted stitches and cables in the Pacific Northwest last week.

http://minkyknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Knitlin
Warming Up

95 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2012 :  07:54:56 AM  Show Profile Send Knitlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I noticed it was a little too quiet here as I was looking around. I hope it's just because it's summer.

knitlin
Go to Top of Page

mathiemom
Chatty Knitter

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2012 :  08:41:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit mathiemom's Homepage Send mathiemom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing, and then I found this thread . . .

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2012 :  08:18:02 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More activity this week; it's been nice.

It's funny; this winter/spring I was having trouble keeping up with the posts. It's a luxury to read them all, and I don't always have time to do it. Guess that's the flip side of the summer slow-down.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
909 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2012 :  4:38:48 PM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings, knitters! I'm always checking in here at the forums! Even though we have a swamp cooler, the heat is starting to affect me, too. Don't feel too good from time to time!
I hope all of u r doing well!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Go to Top of Page

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2670 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2012 :  1:57:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone! I've been having "work done" on my computer and Mr. Luann has it more often than I do. I've been surfing in and out on my iPad but I don't like composing posts on it so I haven't written anything. Hope everyone is having a good summer. Grand-moogi, I know you have not been having a good winter, hoping things get better for you soon.

Luann

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1802 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2012 :  9:49:19 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I check in once a day, but it has been too hot here in Baltimore to move my fingers much.;-)

But tonight we have temperatures down to the 68's or so! Only for a couple of days, though.

Best wishes to everybody!

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2012 :  04:19:19 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Anna, That 68 would be fahrenheit? I googled a conversion and it would be 20 in Celsius. Still a bit warm for the night. I always like nights to be cooler. 20 is OK for the day time. What have you been having? Here our days are ranging between 10 and 16 Celsius. (50 to 60 Fahrenheit) and we are mid winter.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
909 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2012 :  5:32:33 PM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, donnawatk! Looks like things r heating up here again in the forums! Yahoo!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1802 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2012 :  7:53:33 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Grand moogi, we have been having plenty of blasting heat in the Mid Atlantic states in the US: High 90's to mid 100's...... it has been just ugh weather, as I don't like heat!
I sweat a good deal, have to drink water to keep blood pressure up, and my linen clothes ( I love linen for the heat) are always sopping wet at the end of the day.
Then we'll have a couple of days of cooler weather, and then, like tomorrow and Friday, it is up again to the 100 degrees fahrenheit.
Thankfully, I have an ancient air conditioner that still works in my bedroom!
Best wishes to everybody!
Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1802 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2012 :  7:57:41 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, sorry! 100.4 degrees fahrenheit is 38 celsius. Kinda hot!

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2046 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2012 :  10:22:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
68F, 20C at 1:00 in the morning here in NW Pa. Just checked weather dot com and found out we are under a Sever Storm Threat tomorrow, with a forecast of a high of 89F. Scattered thunder storms supposed to start in about 3 hours, at 4:00 in the morning, with the sever winds arriving around 4:00 in the afternoon.

I wish they would make up their minds, one day the forecast says one thing, then 24 hours later it is just the opposite!

The headline read:

Severe Storm Threat in Northeast Thursday

A significant threat of damaging winds is on tap for the Northeast and Ohio Valley Thursday.

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe