Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Family / personal / health issues
 The feet are the least of my worries
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2049 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2012 :  1:46:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We haven't heard from you in a bit. How are you doing?

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2012 :  03:46:08 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am certainly a lot better. It was about 5 weeks in all and two separate hospital stays. Doc still cannot say exactly what it was except to say that the blood tests seemed to indicate that it must have been some massive infection. But I am certainly much better and planning on going walking again in the mornings with my friend across the road very soon. I am no longer wearing the big boot on the broken foot. It seems OK. There are a few aches in the ankles and knees remaining after the falls but they will gradually fade.
THANKYOU TO EVERYONE for your very kind wishes. It has been very moving to receive so many good wishes from people I do not even know - except I guess we do know one another in a way don't we?

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
911 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2012 :  09:52:30 AM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad you're continuing on the mend, Grand-moogi!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2049 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2012 :  12:23:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So glad to hear things are looking up. Enjoy your morning walks.

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2012 :  03:48:56 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bother. I took the boot off and had been out in the garden digging holes to plant trees and doing all sorts of things. DH went to see the doc and came home to tell me that my ESR is still 70 and my foot is not healed and I am to wear the boot for another month. Hmmmph! I did not want to have that XRay anyway! So I am back to clomping around for a while longer.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

EmEm
Warming Up

Ireland
88 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2012 :  1:54:55 PM  Show Profile Send EmEm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like your "Hmmmph". It says a mouth full!
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1810 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2012 :  8:45:40 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a bummer, when you thought that you were able to do more! You'll have to keep being a good girl, and I hope you feel better and better. It is good that you got the call back, though, because you could have done awful damage to a partially healed bone joint.
Bless you, you have been through the wars. Keep hummin' along sweetie, we're with you!

Best wishes,

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth