Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting as Therapy
 The Crafty Gene!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
912 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2012 :  4:58:05 PM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got the "crafty gene" from my mother; she crocheted. She passed away over 9 yrs ago. My sis passed away 2 1/2 yrs ago. Both of them were very knit-worthy! Knitting keeps me close to both.

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!

knitree
Seriously Hooked

688 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2012 :  5:41:01 PM  Show Profile Send knitree a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a nice way to stay close to the women in your life.

Tree
Taking simple patterns and complicating them...
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
912 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2012 :  5:47:04 PM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank u, knitree. Both were amazIng women!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2012 :  03:49:34 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is amazing how these things pass through families. My daughter is so like my mother but my Mum died when Anne was only about 3 and that was over 30 years ago. I often think how alike they are in their love of anything crafty. I knit, do machine embroidery and sew and also occasionally crochet but my Mum was into everything. She knitted so much, crocheted dresses for each of her five daughters - and we were all grown up - she iced cakes, (well I have done that too) but she would try anything that she found out about. Anne is like that too. She also does lovely paper craft stuff.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1927 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2012 :  07:55:48 AM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My mom was a wonderful baker but not much interested in needlework. Her mother taught me to knit, and did beautiful crocheting and needlepoint, some of which I still have.

"Each breath really is a new beginning of the rest of our lives." Jon Kabat-Zinn
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe