Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Funny paint color name
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3464 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2012 :  4:24:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
DH and I had some of our windows replaced today so at the last minute, I had to go to the paint store with an example of our exterior trim to get them to match the color. I went for coffee and came back while they worked their color matching magic -- the verdict from the paint guy was that we needed to buy a quart of "sheep's wool". It's a lovely grayish-beige white :)

http://minkyknits.blogspot.com

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
910 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2012 :  6:11:06 PM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Luv it! What a great name!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Go to Top of Page

Patshere
Chatty Knitter

171 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2012 :  7:30:43 PM  Show Profile Send Patshere a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Minh, how perfect!
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2046 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2012 :  10:40:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When I had my dining room painted the color name was woolen white. Perfect color.

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Go to Top of Page

Greyling
Gabber Extraordinaire

579 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2012 :  11:41:36 PM  Show Profile Send Greyling a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do a little cross stitch every so often, and the most popular linen color that enhances most floss colors, is "lambs wool".

Go to Top of Page

emmyc
Chatty Knitter

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2012 :  03:22:17 AM  Show Profile Send emmyc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
that's true fate!

emmyc
winchester ma
Go to Top of Page

llmcguire
Warming Up

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2012 :  5:15:11 PM  Show Profile Send llmcguire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Careful snuggling up to this color, it could get a bit messy.
Go to Top of Page

Shelia
Permanent Resident

USA
2366 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2012 :  5:13:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shelia's Homepage Send Shelia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When I remodeled the kitchen last May, I needed to pick a new paint color for the kitchen and adjoining family room. As I flipped through the contractor's color stack, I saw Sheep's Wool and knew that it would be the perfect one. And it is great, it goes with the oak cabinets and the grey/taupe granite perfectly. Of course, with that name how could it not be perfect?

Shelia
www.breezyridgestudio.com
ravelry name - sheliaknits
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by