Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Current Projects?
 Socks of the bed variety
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2012 :  03:16:44 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am knitting a pair of socks. I am using a pattern in the Noro Designer Mini Knits book by Jenny Watson. It is the first book. However, the person who knitted the socks for the illustration has left out a bit so the finished sock does not look like the illustration.
I checked to see if there was a correction on line and found that in the on line advertisement for the book, they have pictures of all the projects but they have ommitted the socks.
The first one came out OK and I am on the second one. They are knitted flat and sewn up. I think they are meant to be day socks although I am using them as bed socks. While the pattern works out OK, I wont use it again as it is very fiddly. Lots of "break the wool off and join it in somewhere else"

I knit a hug into every stitch

EmEm
Warming Up

Ireland
87 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2012 :  1:48:03 PM  Show Profile Send EmEm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Grand-moogi, I know what you mean when there's a lot of messing about after you finished the knitting part. I'm impatient when I only have 3 or 4 ends to weave in. Last Christmas I made the Kumara Bed Socks for my 2 daughters. It uses a worsted weight yarn and has a bit of a lace design. A very quick knit. I hope your socks are nice and cozy.
Go to Top of Page

Margie
Permanent Resident

USA
1032 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2012 :  3:16:56 PM  Show Profile Send Margie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm at the age where cold feet have caught up with me. Answer?? Be socks of course. I liked mine so much I made another pair for my mother and just put them under her pillow for a warm surprise.

Margie and Mimi (my hearing dog who doesn't knit -- yet)

Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2012 :  07:19:05 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just got the pattern and yarn for these funny, playful giant-cable slipper socks: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/slipper-socks-15. Had a heck of a time getting hold of the pattern; finally found it on eBay and had to buy the whole magazine. Of course there's nothing else in there that I like.

I think the socks will be fast and fun.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by