Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Seeking Patterns / Free Pattern Links
 Shawls, Scarves, Ponchos
 Portuguese Fisherwoman's Shawl
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

flicka
Seriously Hooked

882 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2012 :  09:32:06 AM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I bought this pattern and I see it is now free:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/portuguese-fisherwomans-shawl

I did have trouble with my purchase and had to phone the shop. I hope that obtaining it for free is easier.

I have seen this made up and worn, and it is really neat.

flicka

mrssuem
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
457 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2012 :  07:10:19 AM  Show Profile Send mrssuem a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Could not get the pattern for free even though the Ravelry posting states it is a 'free' pattern. There is not a large fee for the pattern, but I don't understand why it is shown as being a free pattern. Anyone else tried this?

Sue
Go to Top of Page

flicka
Seriously Hooked

882 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2012 :  09:12:52 AM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They must have fixed it now, Sue. When I clicked "add to cart", there was a $0.00 charge for the pattern. Try again -- the pattern is worth the hassle!

flicka
Go to Top of Page

noallatin
Chatty Knitter

285 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2012 :  1:13:42 PM  Show Profile Send noallatin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When I tried it, I got the pattern for free but there was a shipping charge of $1.50. It didn't look like ther was a way to download the pattern.
Go to Top of Page

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2395 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2012 :  06:52:52 AM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I sent her an email asking if it could be sent electronically but haven't heard anything.

azblue
------------------------------------------------------------------
So much to learn, so little time.
Go to Top of Page

flicka
Seriously Hooked

882 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2012 :  09:41:32 AM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gah. Now the site is showing the pattern is no longer free.

Sorry for the kerfuffle.

flicka
Go to Top of Page

mrssuem
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
457 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2012 :  07:27:38 AM  Show Profile Send mrssuem a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not a problem, probably wouldn't get to it for ages as there is a 'to do' list already more than a mile long. Thanks for trying.
Sue
Go to Top of Page

flicka
Seriously Hooked

882 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2012 :  09:46:01 AM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I finally got an email back from the Vermont Yarn Company. Here it is:
quote:
Thank you for your e-mail and letting me know what you found. The free posting (on ravelry) was a fluke and I am still trying to figure out what happened there. The original pattern listing was posted by another yarn shop and not by me. I think when the other shop closed down, the link was transferred to me. The designer would not like to give her hard work away at this point in time, and I am sorry for the confusion this has caused.
Best,
Carrie

flicka

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by