Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 General Technique Questions
 Rowan denim yarn
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stitchellen
Warming Up

60 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  07:42:10 AM  Show Profile Send stitchellen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have attempted to buy a copy of "Indigo Knits : The Quintessential Guide to Denim Yarn from the Founders of Artwork" by Jane Gottelier ever since it was the topic of a Knitter's Review newsletter. The best bet seems to be ebay, although copies are snatched up shortly after they are listed. I finally got lucky this morning. The price was a bargain, compared to sky-high offers from some bookseller web sites - from $60+ to over $100. I paid $25+, including S&H, but it's a new unused copy. If you enter the title in the ebay search window and there are no current listings, there should be a window that you can click to be notified when listings come up. I have been notified many times, but copies have been sold before I could put in orders - until today. There seems to be no time for thinking on this one, if you really want the book. I bought the yarn years ago but no book, and I need to understand the personality of the yarn before I use it to knit something that fits.

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2012 :  07:48:12 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My daughter recently borrowed a book from the local library with knitting patterns to suit larger ladies. We liked it so much that she has just found it on line and bought it. Isn't it great to be able to buy things on line? You would walk miles and takes months to find a book you wanted if not for the internet.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?