Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Knitter's Review Retreat details and Sheepshow
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Started your holiday projects yet?
 Christmas idea
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Consuelo
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
582 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  08:14:43 AM  Show Profile Send Consuelo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At a summer gathering a month or so ago, I overheard my oldest grandson (11) tell his cousin that he loved their winter school break because they always go skiing BUT he felt his socks were too flimsy and not warm enough. Bling!!! Note to self: make skiing socks for that part of the family. But - wait - why not skiing socks for EVERYONE!! Maybe even matching hats.

I personally have not skied for over 20 years BUT those socks - I love thick, cushy socks. So, that's my plan - heavy socks for everyone. I knew there was a reason I had purchased all that worsted superwash wool!!

What are you making?

Consuelo
"Perfect" is the enemy of good!

KnittingKittens
Chatty Knitter

USA
171 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2012 :  3:09:58 PM  Show Profile Send KnittingKittens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OMG-I have not really thought about the Holiday knitting yet. I have to get myself in gear don't I? Maybe cowls and/or fingerless mitts?
Go to Top of Page

Patience
Permanent Resident

USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2012 :  09:37:16 AM  Show Profile Send Patience a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm making 2 Christmas stockings and have just started the first one. They will be for my newest grandchildren, Claire who is 6 months old and Owen, who is almost 3 months old. I have 7 grandchildren in all and each of the other 5 have had a personalized Christmas stocking made by Mimi (that's my name which was given to me by my oldest granddaughter, Christina who just turned 8 years old!

In addition I'm going to try and squeeze in a pair of warm socks for my mother who always has cold feet and recently told me she has no socks. Now understand, I've made her at least 6 pair or more in the last 2 years so where they go is beyond me but she claims she needs more so we'll see if I can get a pair finished. I don't know why, but socks take me forever and I always marvel at how quickly some of you finish yours....is there a secret to completing socks quickly that I don't know about?

Cheers, Patience

Faith, Hope, Charity & Yarn Snippets

Go to Top of Page

Consuelo
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
582 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2012 :  09:58:35 AM  Show Profile Send Consuelo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, Patience. I have no secrets for knitting socks but they do seem to go fast. I prefer toe-up with short row heel, that seems to be the fastest for me. I bet you Mom really, really, REALLY like the socks you make her and that's why she wants more. Count your blessings!

The stockings for the grands sounds like a great tradition. Wish I'd thought of that as mine were born.

Consuelo
"Perfect" is the enemy of good!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.