Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting on the Web
 Other recommended Links
 problems with Ravelry search
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ikkivan
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2012 :  1:45:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit ikkivan's Homepage Send ikkivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As of just a few days ago (weekend, maybe?), I can no longer search for anything on Ravelry. On the first page, where I often go to that drop-down search box on the upper right to search for a pattern or a yarn or a designer ... now when I do that I am taken to an almost-blank page, with just empty boxes at the top but no info and no photos or anything else.

I can go to my projects and go to a yarn or pattern from there, but when I then try to do a search that's available at the top of the page, the same thing happens. When I try to search in my library, I am shown only the entire selection, nothing narrowed down.

I managed to get to the Help group and asked a question there and followed the suggestions, and since doing that, I can no longer make any more questions or replies on the help group! Now I can't even let that group know my predicament.

Thus far, I am having no trouble at all with features on any other web sites, so it is hard to believe the problem is not centered there with Ravelry somehow.

Any help at all would be most appreciated!

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)

ikkivan
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2012 :  1:55:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit ikkivan's Homepage Send ikkivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, P.S. ... when I log out, I get a message that I am "logging out," but it never ends and I'm never logged out until I actually close my browser. I've waited and waited and gone to other sites for awhile and then returned to Ravelry, where I'm still logged on.

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)
Go to Top of Page

anderknit
Permanent Resident

USA
2604 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2012 :  3:44:14 PM  Show Profile Send anderknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So sorry! I read your post and went over to Ravelry to poke around, and everything seems to be working for me. I only have one suggestion, and it's what my husband always says when something is wonky on my computer: reboot! It sounds silly, but it works surprisingly often. There could be something in your cache that needs to be cleared out. Let us know.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "
Go to Top of Page

ikkivan
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2012 :  4:00:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit ikkivan's Homepage Send ikkivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, yes, that was one of the first things I did ... done it several times, made sure all my browser updates are current, etc. I'll keep after it, though! You know how something like this goes, I didn't realize how much I had come to depend on Ravelry until I ran into this problem!

Thank you.

Go to Top of Page

ikkivan
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2012 :  7:01:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit ikkivan's Homepage Send ikkivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, duh, I found the problem ... my old computer/browser, etc., had been taken out of the compatibility view somehow, perhaps during my brother's recent visit (it HAD to be someone else's fault, right?). Anyway, it is working now and all is right with the world again.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe