Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 New to this site and knitting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mditter
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2012 :  09:38:24 AM  Show Profile Send mditter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi- My name is Martie and I live in Spokane, WA. I retired last Dec. and picked up my first set of needles in Jan. My husband says I have become addicted to knitting and for once, he is right! Since Jan I have finished scarfs, a baby blanket and several hats. Currently I am working on a charity hat and scarf and a baby sweater. My hardest project is a lace scarf that I am slowly working on. I read about this site in a book called "knitting lessons-tales from the knitting path" by Lela Nargi. Another book I am currently reading is called "A Knitter's Home Companion" by Michelle Edwards.
I am looking forward to hearing from and learning from the various knitters of this site.

martha (martie) Ditter

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2049 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2012 :  11:21:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations on becomming a knitter! For reading I'd suggest Elizabeth Zimmermann's books. They are filled with great ideas and such fun to read. You should be able to get them at your library.

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Go to Top of Page

Rwats2
Chatty Knitter

USA
240 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2012 :  5:24:02 PM  Show Profile Send Rwats2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations on the retirement, and welcome to the boards from the great state of La(Louisiana). If you ever have a question, or issue about what you are working on, please feel very free to ask. There is always someone aroung to lend a hand or if need be a should and ear.

Rebecca & Amelia
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1261 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2012 :  5:57:32 PM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I said hi on an earlier post of yours, but I'll say hi again, from Northern California. A lace scarf too? That's great!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
912 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2012 :  12:47:34 AM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Martie! Welcome to the KF & the wonderful world of knitting! Sounds like u r coming along quite nicely. Here in the forums, I think we're all addicted to knitting; I know I am!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
The more, the merrier!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2012 :  06:55:36 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Martie.
Knitting is a great addiction to have. Currently I have hurt my back and I have to rest as much as possible. I always have my knitting with me as it really helps to take my mind off my troubles.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2012 :  05:00:12 AM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome, from Maine! Such a great bunch of enablers here.
judy
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2012 :  07:17:04 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Martie, From Chicago its nice to have you with us we are all happy addicts. Donna
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe