Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Poll Feedback
 Explain your answers!
 Wensleydale poll
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2673 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2012 :  08:17:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was a smart*ss and answered with the cheese selection, but only because my true answer was not available. I have knitted with 100% Wensleydale, and liked it very much. Last year during the Ravelry Woolalong, I got some beautiful handspun from Color Craze Fiber on etsy and made a cushion cover. I use it in my favorite knitting chair and it is holding up beautifully, if anything gaining luster by the day.

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4390 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2012 :  10:55:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did the same thing Luann -- I had a precious little bit of Wensleydale to spin, and it was lovely. I've also knitted with Wensleydale yarn that I found at a shop close-out sale. I also love the cheese. :D

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: Flickr Album
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2012 :  1:16:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know! Someone very kindly pointed this out, namely that I'd given a yes/no poll with no YES option. So I added a "yes" option and gave it 6 votes. On behalf of those who had been so rightfully WRONGED.

Sorry!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

Shelia
Permanent Resident

USA
2366 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2012 :  08:49:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shelia's Homepage Send Shelia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm the lucky one with Wensleydale sheep - wool on the hoof! I and getting roving made up right now (though that takes a few months) and also buying another Wensleydale (ewe this time) so I'll be knee deep in Wensleydale in another year.

Shelia
www.breezyridgestudio.com
ravelry name - sheliaknits
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by