Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 General Technique Questions
 outr of yarn for sleeves
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cindyhope
New Pal

6 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2012 :  09:31:38 AM  Show Profile Send cindyhope a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have run out of Araucania Patagonia, multi colored cotton thick and thin yarn. (Amber Forest #253) I'm knitting a cardigan sweater and do not have enough yarn left for sleeves. I've searched the internet and not having any luck, so I'm thinking of doing something funcky like a solid colored sleeve out of another yarn. But I have also wondered about a short sleeve, or a rib around the armholes to makie it into a vest. I prefer the long sleeves, so if I do go that route, I'm wondering what yarn would work well. Would love any suggestions.

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2012 :  5:02:09 PM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OMG what a predicament. Of course you could do any of those things but I would not be in a position to suggest anything really. Except if you do go for plain sleeves you could knit the cuffs in the AP, or maybe stripe them with some different colours from the multicolour. Anyway have you contacted the manufacturer and asked them? Also if you can find the names of some other stores that sell it, and give them a call, or find the stores on the internet and email them, some may have a ball or two.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

cindyhope
New Pal

6 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2012 :  1:13:25 PM  Show Profile Send cindyhope a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Problem may be solved-- I had pockets which I was able to unkit and replace with sold, coordinated color. May be able to squeeze out the sleeves--but at least 3/4 length!
Go to Top of Page

auntlinda
Chatty Knitter

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2012 :  3:17:43 PM  Show Profile Send auntlinda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It looks like they have 8 skeins here:

http://www.yarn.com/webs-knitting-crochet-yarns-araucania/webs-knitting-yarns-araucania-patagonia-nature-cotton/?gclid=CL-B8_aJibMCFe9xQgodAAIAdQ

~Linda
Go to Top of Page

cindyhope
New Pal

6 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2012 :  3:47:54 PM  Show Profile Send cindyhope a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Linda, The number and description match, but the picture sure doesen't. I had seen this, but forgot. However, I made it with NOTHING to spare. I'm stitching it together with the solid color I bought for the pocket lining. Well worth ripping that out to salvage for sleeve.
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2012 :  01:37:28 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations! So glad it worked out! NOw tell us and be honest - Did you find yourself knitting more tightly trying to stretch the yarn to go further?

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

cindyhope
New Pal

6 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2012 :  06:36:57 AM  Show Profile Send cindyhope a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, I didn't knit tighter since I did have a solid color which I would have worked for random one-row stretches--but I finished with about 24 inches! Note to self: buy an extra skein!
Thanks to all for your ideas.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?