Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Talk about yarns reviewed in Knitter's Review
 Qiviut Royal Blend
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Clara
queen bee

USA
4403 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2012 :  6:30:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After 12 years, I think it's high time we talked about qiviut. Especially considering this little secret: It's often better in blends.

Here we go!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher

Terry Forster
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2012 :  02:29:01 AM  Show Profile Send Terry Forster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much for reviewing qiviut. This is my dream fiber........someday I will knit with it. I will start saving for it today!
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1256 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2012 :  08:13:18 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah. I have two balls of this that I bought on sale a year ago just waiting for the perfect moment.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

CraftyGrammy
Chatty Knitter

USA
194 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2012 :  08:54:23 AM  Show Profile Send CraftyGrammy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have always had quivet in the back of my mind. Thanks to Clara, you sparked a reminder that I wanted to give it a try. I found that Dreamweaver Yarns has it on sale right now. I treated myself to 2 skeins in red. Now to find the perfect scarf pattern.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

purlewe
Permanent Resident

1921 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2012 :  11:09:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit purlewe's Homepage Send purlewe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
2 yrs ago my new beginnings was Pretty Thing in qiviut. I have to say, it is one of my favorite presents to myself EVER!

Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming. ~Myrna Loy
http://purlewe.typepad.com/
Go to Top of Page

owler29
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2012 :  2:55:03 PM  Show Profile Send owler29 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, qiviut sure has gone up in price. I though my $50/skein 5 years ago in AK was a splurge. It's worth it. It's like knitting with air! My perfect pattern was "Smoke Ring with Lace Edging" HeartStrings Pattern A45C-6054. I have some qiviut left, I'm considering for a smaller project, or combined with some very fine silk yarn. Yes, definately, save for this special purchase.

MB
Go to Top of Page

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1792 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2012 :  9:05:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clara, I bought some quiviut fiber in Alaska, and I have some silk fiber here too. Would you suggest a percentage for a blend of these two fibers? I'll get going on it!

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
Go to Top of Page

llmcguire
Warming Up

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2012 :  02:49:59 AM  Show Profile Send llmcguire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just found 6 different yarns from Windy Valley Muskox are on sale at www.dreamweaveryarns.com.
100% pure qiviut is $89.00/skein (was $95.95) and the 50/50 blend is $63.00 down from $69.95. They also have vicuna.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe