Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Acrilyc lace scarf
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mistry
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2012 :  05:13:17 AM  Show Profile Send Mistry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi !
my name is Ana, and I'm kind of new to knitting. I learned through videos from the internet and books, I'm trying to make a lace scarf for one of my nieces, she has an asthma condition and I can't use animal fibers, and she wants it with " acrylic Black Fleck worsted weight" yarn(4)from Red Heart. I'm having a problem it bends on the borders. I've try doing the scarf with and without borders and it bends. I have used different needle sizes because when I tried the specified needle size it comes out stiff, so I change to bigger size needles and it flows better but the bending problem is driving me crazy. Please, I'll appreciate if anyone can help me with this problem. Thank you in advance for your help.

LJ
Permanent Resident

USA
1937 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2012 :  08:31:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit LJ's Homepage Send LJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Ana, by bending do you mean rolling? If so, that is usually the result of stockinette stitch. You will need a wide border to off se the curl/roll.

I find lace needs a larger size needle than the yarn calls for so it will be lacy. With a worsted wt yarn I'd try a US10.5 or US11 needle for that lacy effect.

If you could share the name of the pattern and/or if it's free the link maybe one of us could look and give you suggestions on an edging.

Good luck and don't give up

Linda in Va

My Blog: http://wallisknits.blogspot.com
My Patterns:
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
897 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2012 :  10:14:13 AM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Ana! Welcome to the KF! You'll definitely find all the knitting knowledge & wisdom you need here in the forums! Glad u joined us & hope u decide to stay!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
The more, the merrier!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe