Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 New here!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LRiff
New Pal

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2012 :  4:21:43 PM  Show Profile Send LRiff a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone!
I am 30 and started knitting about 3 years ago. I don't know all the tricks and fancy stitches yet, still stuck on those easy or beginner patterns, though most things I make are of my own imagination. I stick to hats, scarfs, baby blankets, and the occational teddy bear or similar toy. And they are mostly items for my baby boy or myself. I also just started to crochet, but really like knitting better.
I joined here to meet others who like to knit too, get advice and ideas, learn new skills, and occationally brag about a new creation.

Thanks for reading my rambling!

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2012 :  5:20:22 PM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi LRiff, welcome to the forums from Australia. Sounds like you are really into it! Having a dear little baby boy to knit for is a great inspiration. I am glad you have joined the forum and I am sure we will all have fun chatting with you from time to time.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2012 :  11:03:54 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Lriff, Welcome here from Chicago. I knit and crochet and I have to say I like knitting better. I have learn so much being here and hope you do to. Donna
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2012 :  4:29:22 PM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums from Maine! I think you will enjoy the comraderie, support and knitting inspiration KR has to offer.
judy
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
912 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2012 :  6:01:11 PM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the KF, LRiff, from Colorado! Sounds like u r coming along quite nicely! You've come to the right place for knitting friendship, inspiration, & wisdom!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
The more, the merrier!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Go to Top of Page

slaggyc
Permanent Resident

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2012 :  9:49:22 PM  Show Profile Send slaggyc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome from California! I seem to enjoy knitting many of the same things you do, and with two kids, I find I don't have as much time as I'd like. Trying to keep up though!

Slaggyc
http://buggyandbuddy.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Warokz
New Pal

8 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2012 :  11:09:11 PM  Show Profile Send Warokz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome,

I am also new here and expecting good time!
Go to Top of Page

HenyaK@msn.com
New Pal

21 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2012 :  07:28:31 AM  Show Profile Send HenyaK@msn.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, from Israel!
I too have started out as a crocheter, but now mainly knit. Somehow knitting is more "me". And I love experimenting with different shapes and stitches.
If you can do simple things than you can do anything! The main thing is to be willing to have a knitting adventure. And if it does not work out... Well you still got yarn, it can always be ripped out and knit into something else.
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2012 :  12:19:07 PM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome, LRiff, from northern California. I'm mainly a knitter but want to learn to crochet too. Must be fun to knit for a baby! (:

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

LRiff
New Pal

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2012 :  9:44:19 PM  Show Profile Send LRiff a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone! :)
Go to Top of Page

Ohiomomoftwo
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2012 :  06:40:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ohiomomoftwo's Homepage Send Ohiomomoftwo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for stopping by to welcome me I am originaly from Miamisburg hubby and I moved to Eaton 6 1/2 years ago and never looked back. I only make it to the dayton area 1-2 times a year. What part of Dayton are you in? Well welcome to the Forum
Go to Top of Page

LRiff
New Pal

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2012 :  2:44:53 PM  Show Profile Send LRiff a Private Message  Reply with Quote
North Dayton. Almost 10 years for me.
Go to Top of Page

ryn
New Pal

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2012 :  3:03:10 PM  Show Profile Send ryn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi . another newbie from the UK. I have been knitting on & off for years but always come back to it. I would love to try the interchangeables but they don't seem to go down to the size I want. Which is 2.5 UK size. Very frustrating
Go to Top of Page

Rwats2
Chatty Knitter

USA
240 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2012 :  09:22:49 AM  Show Profile Send Rwats2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to you all from La.(Louisiana)
Go to Top of Page

ClimberKnits
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
559 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2012 :  3:52:44 PM  Show Profile Send ClimberKnits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome from up in Champaign county, (Ohio). My parents live in northern Dayton, just off of Little York Rd. There is a knitting group that meets in Springfield on Wednesday nights, if you're ever in the mood for some knitting company.

Have fun on the forums!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?