Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Sock Forum
 Ladderless socks
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

yarnlover
Permanent Resident

1753 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2012 :  3:58:19 PM  Show Profile Send yarnlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Are they Hiya needles

The brand I have are KA and on the back of the package it says Made in Japan by Kinki Amibari Mfg. Much of the labeling is in Japanese.

The join is very smooth, and the wooden part of the needles rotates. I was told that some knitters have a problem with the circular needle getting twisted, and the rotation of the needle prevents that. I haven't ever heard of that before, but I really didn't notice the needle movement. I wasn't looking for this type of needle, but they fascinated me, and my knitting friend as well, so we both bought a few sizes to try. So far, so good.

I never did really catch on to magic loop, it just seems like too much delay to be constantly pulling the cord to adjust things, so this needle is a good alternative for me.

See My Stuff: Here

Go to Top of Page

Susan1006
New Pal

33 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2012 :  9:06:13 PM  Show Profile Send Susan1006 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I yank pretty hard on the second stitch of a new needle, if it is a knit stitch. Since I am a combined knitter, my purl stitches are tight anyhow, so it isn't as much of an issue. But I try to have knit stitches at the beginning of a needle. I don't like to move my stitches around on the needles, unless I am refiguring something. I use them for position and counting.
I like DPNs for small things. I like circular needles and don't ever use straight needles any more, but not so much with magic loop. I can knit two fronts or flat sleeves at a time, on one circular needle but two round things at a time on a magic loop makes me a little crazy. A mistake requiring removing the stitches from the needles is a disaster for me. I knit two sleeves, socks, mittens,etc. on DPNs doing an inch or two on each project alternately, doing increases, or both heels or thumbs, or whatever, one after another, and finishing together. That is how I knit two things at a time.

Knit on with confidence and hope through all crises. EZ
Go to Top of Page

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1857 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2012 :  5:25:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, friends, I've written at least a couple times right here at KR how to avoid ladders with dpns. I don't have time to find it now, but I bet if you do a search on ladders, you'll find it. I don't tighten the yarn at all; it hurts too much! But I do something else, and it really works. Go find that thread!

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2012 :  08:06:43 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Ceil. I have found that and had a good think about it. I am sorry, I should have just gone back to previous entries instead of making a new topic. I had never used the search function before but used it this time. Now that I have used it once I will no doubt use it more often.
So ta for two things.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1857 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2012 :  6:53:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thankfully I found the link for the rest of you!

http://www.knittersreview.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=103648

Scroll down a few posts until you see my name.

Knitting a smaller stitch is much easier on the hands than knitting a tighter one!

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?