Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Howdy from Texas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sparklehal
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2013 :  8:10:28 PM  Show Profile Send Sparklehal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. I have decided to learn how to knit. I can now make a scarf without dropping a stitch for quite a while. I have been crocheting since I was nine (I am 34 now) and I love to quilt. I live in the piney woods of East Texas and I am a computer lab teacher at one of our elementary schools.

Now the important stuff. I have been married to my evangelist husband for 16 years. We have a beautiful (almost) nine year old daughter. I look forward to learning from you all.

April

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2013 :  05:00:48 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi April, Welcome to KR. You will find help here anytime you need it. I'm always learning something new. Have fun and Happy knitting. Donna
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2013 :  10:28:36 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi April--I'm relatively new to knitting myself, it's been fun and challenging to learn. I would like to learn to crochet sometime too. Welcome to KR from Northern California; hope you like it here and post about what you are learning. I look forward to hearing your perspective on it!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2013 :  5:06:43 PM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to KR from Maine! While I have been knitting for many years, I find lots of inspiration here to try techniques that I might not otherwise try. Enjoy!
judy
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
912 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2013 :  9:48:47 PM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, April! Glad to have u here in the KF! You'll find a lot of all kinds of knitting help here in the forums! Welcome!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
The more, the merrier!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2013 :  10:48:26 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi April, I love that name probably because I was born in April. Welcome from Australia. I learned to knit when I was 8 and I will be 66 this April so nearly 60 years. I thought I knew it all and could knit anything I saw until I joined this forum and Wow! I have learned stuff I never knew existed! Hee hee Your comment about being able to knit without dropping a stitch made me giggle. I still drop the occasional stitch so don't be alarmed if you find that old bugbear coming back to haunt you from time to time.
Now make sure you keep us all posted on what you are doing, what you are learning and how it is all going. We love to hear from our friends.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

Panhandle Jane
Seriously Hooked

USA
607 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2013 :  10:46:53 PM  Show Profile Send Panhandle Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, April! Welcome to the forums. This is a very helpful group. I'm also in Texas, but I'm a long way from you--I'm in Amarillo.

Blog--http:\\www.panhandleknitandsew.blogspot.com
Ravelry--panhandlejane

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.