Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Yarn Stores Around the Globe
 Good-bye Windsor Button!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anderknit
Permanent Resident

USA
2599 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2013 :  4:49:17 PM  Show Profile Send anderknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Such a loss for the city of Boston - Windsor Button, a truly unique institution, is closing. I have been in many many yarn shops around the world, and this was something special. So raise a skein and say farewell, Windsor Button! You will be long remembered and greatly missed.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2662 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2013 :  11:50:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very sad - they lost their lease. It's the end of an era.

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1785 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2013 :  3:05:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And relocation is not an option?

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
Go to Top of Page

Rebecca2
New Pal

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2013 :  12:58:45 PM  Show Profile Send Rebecca2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am so sorry that this is happened
Go to Top of Page

Gibson Girl
Chatty Knitter

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2013 :  1:24:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gibson Girl's Homepage Send Gibson Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Was this a button store? Speaking of buttons, I'm having a terrible time finding buttons for knitting/sewing projects. Yarn stores are pretty good for most knitting projects but the only sewing stores seem to be quilting places and have little in the way of clothing buttons. JoAnn's has been a soso source but now they seems to have gone crazy with "decorative" buttons. I like simple ones for shirts and jackets. Anyone know of a good online source?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe