Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Family / personal / health issues
 The forever shawl
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rosir
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
441 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2013 :  3:40:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit rosir's Homepage Send rosir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This was my mom's favorite shawl http://www.flickr.com/photos/rosi-r/3808761252/in/photostream/
On saturday, Mom was buried with it wrapped around her shoulders.

Rosi

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1784 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2013 :  7:33:48 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So sorry for your loss, Rosi. I saw the shawl of FLICKR, and it is lovely.

I am very glad she had it with her on Saturday, and glad for you that you know she had it softly around her.

Best wishes. Let the grief take whatever time it needs for you, and be good to yourself.

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

Patshere
Chatty Knitter

170 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2013 :  9:21:31 PM  Show Profile Send Patshere a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aw, Rosi, how special to wrap your mom in her favorite shawl for eternity. Mine is in her blue Pendleton blazer, her last gift from me, and also with a single calla lily, echoing her wedding bouquet.
Go to Top of Page

dothead
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
532 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2013 :  06:23:24 AM  Show Profile Send dothead a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a special shawl and it is nice that your mom has it for eternity.

Mine is buried in a dress that my dad gave her in 1964. She and my dad divorced but she still treaured that dress.

Vicki, the Constant Lurker(who sometimes stops lurking and actually posts)
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4368 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2013 :  07:07:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rosi, I'm sending love.

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: Flickr Album
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
1951 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2013 :  09:52:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do.

Much XOXO & many hugs from us as well.

XOXO
Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kipster
Seriously Hooked

730 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2013 :  10:47:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kipster's Homepage Send Kipster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rosi, what a special gift for your dear mother. Sending you hugs.

Mary
http://snitnknit.blogspot.com/

Ravelry: McMary
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2013 :  11:01:11 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rosi, I'm sure she would have loved that. What a moving act of love.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

flicka
Seriously Hooked

867 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2013 :  12:56:09 PM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is a lovely, warm, always-to-be-remembered gift. Thank you for sharing this with us, and I'm so sorry for your loss.

My girlfriend's mother was buried in pink socks she had knitted for her. It makes me smile to remember that.

flicka
Go to Top of Page

rosir
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
441 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2013 :  6:55:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit rosir's Homepage Send rosir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Love KR and love you all. Thanks for sharing your memories with me. I'm home now and trying to gather my wits. xox

Rosi
Go to Top of Page

KnittingKittens
Chatty Knitter

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2013 :  05:27:04 AM  Show Profile Send KnittingKittens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sending prayers and love to you during this sad time. I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Mom. I am glad that she has her shawl.
Peggy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?