Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Hooray, it's finished!
 Shawl
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lucybug
Chatty Knitter

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2013 :  4:04:03 PM  Show Profile Send lucybug a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finally finished my shawl. It's a quasi lace shawl from Sally Melville's purl book. Getting the yarn was a journey in itself and I had hoped to finish it in time to wear to a wedding and anniversary dinner. I did finish the body of the shawl but chose to do triangle lace edging rather than fringe and though I knit night and day it wasn't to be. I also ran out of yarn and they had to order it for me.

Anyway, I just finished it and am about to weave in the ends and will block it tomorrow. I'm sure I'll have other occasions to wear it. I used black Cascade ultra Pima - which is a cotton with a bit of a sheen.

Pam in the Colorado mountains

anderknit
Permanent Resident

USA
2604 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2013 :  5:50:41 PM  Show Profile Send anderknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It sounds lovely - wear it well!

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2013 :  04:25:16 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Pam! Now if you can finish that shawl I can finish that shrug. I have been caught up with a whole stack of accounting work for a non profit organisation that I have been "conned" into joining. Knitting will give me a bit of a break.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1257 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2013 :  09:11:06 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wondered where you'd been, Moogi. Glad you're back!

[edited to add:] I meant to say congratulations on finishing your shawl, too, Lucybug. It sounds like this has been an adventuresome knit.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

Janettoo
Warming Up

64 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2013 :  8:48:13 PM  Show Profile Send Janettoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Isn't it amazing how much knitting goes into those lace edgings! I love
to knit lace but shawl edgings drive me nuts.

Congratulations on persevering.

Janet in TN
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.26 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.