Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: An Irish twist on yarn from Black Water Abbey
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Talk about books reviewed in Knitter's Review
 Knit to Flatter by Amy Herzog
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Clara
queen bee

USA
4398 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2013 :  6:48:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Those of you who came to the KR Retreat last November already know the amazing power Amy Herzog has to make people feel really good about their body shape. She pulled out her heap of sample sweaters and we went nuts trying them on. I think most of us first reached for the kind of sweater we usually wear. In my case, Amy gently nudged me toward something I'd never think to try - and yet it looked amazing.

That's the feeling of this book. It's all about looking at your body and its shape with a loving, friendly eye - taking down your measurements, figuring out your silhouette, and then picking garment types, and garment characteristics, that will balance everything out. She explains it all.

Here's the review.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher

stitchellen
Warming Up

54 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2013 :  06:46:18 AM  Show Profile Send stitchellen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I participated in Amy's class at the KR Retreat and pre-ordered the book when I returned home. After months of impatient waiting, the book was delivered a few days ago. It does not disappoint. Although it makes me want to frog up to the armholes every sweater I have knit and reknit them with body shaping a la Herzog, that won't happen. That will be for future sweaters, but I already incorporated her directions for A-line increases in the central aspect of a garment rather than at the edges when I knit a jumper for my great granddaughter. What a positive difference it made in the fit and hang of the jumper! Amy's use of "normal" figure models for her photos and her explanations for selecting designs for each alone is worth purchase of the book, but there is so much more. Every knitter should buy this book and read it before beginning to knit another garment. The big dilemma for me: Will I give up my penchant for raglan-sleeved, knit-from-the top, seamless sweaters at least once? We'll see by the next KR Retreat!
Go to Top of Page

KnittingKittens
Chatty Knitter

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2013 :  12:26:17 PM  Show Profile Send KnittingKittens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a great book-easy to understand and loaded with help for every knitter. Size or shape does not matter. I met Amy at Knitter's Review Retreat when she presented her ideas to the whole group. We had a great time measuring and trying on sweaters.
Good job Amy- I love the book!
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
1954 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2013 :  2:29:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do.

Wowie zowie, is this a fabulous book or what?! Last fall I was lucky enuf to be at the Retreat & lucky enuf to see my fellow knitters oooh & aaah & OMG over Amy's sweater samples & I got to hear rave reviews of Amy herself & her classes. Do tell us all how we can channel her energy, would ya?

I did pre-order the book too & while I have not had enuf time w/it, I have looked at it at every opportunity. At our 2012 gathering, I got yarn from Spirit Trail & decided to wait until I had Amy along for the ride before I knit my 1st stitch.

Kudos, Amy - thanks for all we can learn from your most excellent book - it's a reference guide for us who want to knit wonderful sweaters!

Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

technikat
Gabber Extraordinaire

595 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2013 :  11:03:57 AM  Show Profile Send technikat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've just ordered Knit to Flatter and I'm waiting to start my next sweater until I've had a chance to work with the book. I've read Amy's blog entries and they have so much info. I'm really looking forward to the book.

My FOs
http://www.flickr.com/photos/technikat/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.