Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Hi everybody from Georgia!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jeannette
New Pal

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2013 :  6:50:15 PM  Show Profile Send Jeannette a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everybody! I come from Georgia. I am single, but I don't live alone. An adorable chocolate and tan minidachshund named Rusty lives with me. I knit and crochet and in past years I have also done embroidery, stamped cross stitch, and needlepoint. Mama taught me to knit, crochet, and embroider when I was in high school. She was taught to knit by her mother who I call Granny. Several years after I had learned to knit and crochet, I asked Mama why she didn't teach me left handed after she confessed to me that she couldn't figure out exactly how to teach me to knit left handed. She said that she just decided to teach me to knit and crochet the way she crocheted and knitted. I learned this way and it is not backwards to me.

I have six bins of acrylic yarn and I should have about two more than this. My favorite thing to crochet is a granny square afghan and my favorite thing to knit is a scarf or a hat. Has everybody's weather turned to spring yet? We had started to, but they say it's going to get cold again this weekend.

Jeannie

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
910 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2013 :  03:07:03 AM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Jeanette! A hearty "Hello" from Colorado. Welcome to the KF! Both my parents were born & raised in Georgia. I lived there for a short period of time.
I knit, crochet,& cross-stitch. Great u have joined us! Looking forward to reading your posts here in the forums!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
The more, the merrier!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2013 :  07:41:25 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Jeannie, A big wave from Chicago, Im in Chicago and the weather changes so much in the month of April, I would not call it spring yet. I also knit and crochet and sew. I must say I'm now hook on knitting. Happy knitting Donna
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1258 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2013 :  08:51:58 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Jeannie--Welcome to KR, from currently glorious San Francisco. It will not last long. Soon it will be San Francisco summer: sixty degrees and foggy. Pea yoo.

You sound like an enthusiastic textile person. It's nice to hear one of your favorite things to knit is a granny square afghan. I've recently learned to crochet, and just finished purchasing yarn for one, but it's a large project and I'm a little intimidated--so I find your post encouraging.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2013 :  4:17:14 PM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums, Jeannie, from Maine! today we are having a "mixed bag" of precipitation, rain, sleet and a little snow! We have to get through Mud Season before we get to spring!!LOL I have been knitting since I was small, and like to knit a wide variety of items; socks, sweaters, hats, scarves, mittens, etc.
judy
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1809 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2013 :  10:06:38 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Jeannie,
Welcome to the KR Forums. I'm from Baltimore, and we are also getting cool this weekend. Cool is good knitting weather!
When you crochet your afghans, are they colorful? I bet they are, because you have a good stash of yarn!
Have fun, and enjoy the forums!
Best wishes,

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth