Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Movies / Articles / Celebrities / Books / News
 Big hugs to everyone at the Boston marathon
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3469 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2013 :  2:15:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am not in MA right now and the pictures of Boston are heart breaking. I hope you are all OK.

http://minkyknits.blogspot.com

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1858 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2013 :  8:58:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My sentiments exactly. Our church's choirmaster happened to fly to Boston on a red eye this morning, and I of course couldn't reach him by cell phone because that ability had been shut down. Not sure how texting is different, but I went that route and he wrote back right away, saying that he is okay.

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
Go to Top of Page

flicka
Seriously Hooked

882 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2013 :  8:50:01 PM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Boston did itself proud. So many people offering aid and comfort to the victims. It has superb medical facilities and I am certain the victims are getting excellent care.

This event affects so much of the country, and the world, because the participants come from all over. I scan several U.S. newspapers daily, and today all of them reported on (their) local runners participating in the marathon. This hits home.

flicka

Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1812 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2013 :  11:15:20 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I come from Boston, have sisters there, and nieces and nephews and cousins and friends.
First I was in shock, then today I cried a good bit.
I'm being narcissistic, to tell this, but I'm not even a resident of Boston! What do you think the bomber(s) wanted to accomplish!
I am so sorry for the people, the lost souls, the wounded and disillusioned....but I have much faith in the city, and know that next year's event will be a powerful statement.
Boston is my town, even more than Baltimore, and though I cheer for the Orioles, the Red Sox are deep down my guys.
I join Minh and Ceil and Flicka and add my prayers for the wounded, and love and support to Boston folks.

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2013 :  4:27:23 PM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Such a tragedy beyond all comprehension. My heart aches for those involved and who were present. Living 2 hours north of Boston, it hits really close to home. The Marathon is such a rite of spring, and such a joyful occasion, it will never be the same.
judy
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1267 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2013 :  10:31:17 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, so sad, I could barely read the news. I always wonder, when something like this hits, what were they thinking? How does somebody's head get to be in a state where this seems like the right thing to do? So awful.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.