Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Completion Issues?
 What's on your list?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2013 :  1:11:38 PM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't worry about then pink sweater, Hillstreetmama, Jan. I finally frogged a little pale green baby jacket and leggings that I was knitting for my son when I realised he will never wear it because he will be 42 in May.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4399 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2013 :  5:15:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Grand-moogi

Don't worry about then pink sweater, Hillstreetmama, Jan. I finally frogged a little pale green baby jacket and leggings that I was knitting for my son when I realised he will never wear it because he will be 42 in May.

Do you mean it just wasn't his color?

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: Flickr Album
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2013 :  05:39:53 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It must have been the colour. I can't think of any other reason!

Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2085 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2013 :  05:41:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do ...

I love these responses? Let me count the ways. The excitement of so many wonderful projects to do is so excellent.

So is the humor in some of your posts - Jane is perhaps on track as per her usual - maybe green is not your son's color. We do remember Kermit saying that it is not easy being green ^ .. ^

Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

owler29
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2013 :  3:01:10 PM  Show Profile Send owler29 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Worked this weekend at a new fiber festival; Powhatan Fiber Festival, Powhatan, VA. What a great job the staff and vendors did for a first time event. Participation exceeded their expectations (and mine). My bag has new skein of Wolle's Yarn Creations color changing cotton. in "Bahamas 2," a great turquoise aqua flow. What am I making from it? Not sure yet, but look forward to many hours of searching on the web, books, and magazines! Nothing like a new skein of yarn to get spring started.

MB
Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3469 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2013 :  3:32:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another case of startitis here!
- My New Beginnings project from the KR retreat (qiviut lace scarf - I just don't want the qiviut to end!)
- squares for a Barn-Raising Quilt
- a lace shawl (it's tunisian crochet but it still counts, right?)

http://minkyknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2013 :  04:38:48 AM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found two shawls in some more bags - a triangle shawl in black fingering yarn, and a beautiful rectangle from silver-gray lace weight. I'd like the second one DONE, but there is only about 18 inches completed, and I don't think the mojo is there anymore.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9714 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2013 :  08:06:16 AM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is this confession time? Something happened to my hands ages ago that made the thumbs ultra touchy, so I've done very little knitting in the past year. But, they are now a little better so I'm starting to want to get going on the sweaters-two- some Jane's Hedgerow-second sock- and some new socks when those are done. A friend from here sent me some lovely "ice" Sundara for the Hedgerows, and I'm making some progress with getting my hands better, finally!

Lella

Zippiknits

"Life is good if you don't weaken." Calvin Coolidge
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1267 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2013 :  09:58:49 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ella--did you ever find good linen stash-busting summer knitting? I made these and love them:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ripple-and-lace-leaf-linen-basket-liners

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3291 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  06:52:38 AM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

The main thing I want on my knitting list is a new Jordana Paige Knitting bag, the last one I bought the clasp broke in a very short time, I was quite mad as I paid quite a lot of money for it and it didn't even last a month. Now I don't know whether to buy another or go for something else.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2085 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2013 :  12:24:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do.

Back in mid-April when I began this thread, I had been thinking & thinking about a Gatsby yarn sweater that was started & the ? was to frog or not to frog. A couple of weeks ago, I let 'er rip & it felt great. This decision took way too long, I think, to make & when I finally decided what to do, it was a beautiful thing.

Of my other projects, my simple shawl is 3/4 done & I have another one started - heavier Spirit Trail Fiberworks fiber that was handspun. And I am just into a 2nd sock for me ^ .. ^

Late last night I came home from a 4 day conference - the only knitter-in-public there. Still surprises me.

Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by