Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitterly Happenings and Events
 2013 KR Retreat!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

amarkinson@downstate.edu

Posted - 08/01/2013 :  10:36:18 AM  Show Profile Send amarkinson@downstate.edu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Silly me. Of course, Clara would have thought of everything! Thank you so much Jane. I hope that we make it. Andrea
Go to Top of Page

Liz F
New Pal

44 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2013 :  11:52:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Liz F's Homepage Send Liz F a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tick, tock... Ink in printer, check. Fax machine working, check. If anyone tries to distract me at noon on Friday, they will be very sorry. Happy faxing/emailing!
Go to Top of Page

Amarula
Chatty Knitter

210 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2013 :  8:48:48 PM  Show Profile Send Amarula a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fingers crossed!

And as if retreat weren't more than enough, remember the NY Culinary Center across the parking lot for lunch and wine tasting!
Go to Top of Page

cynthiaquilts
New Pal

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2013 :  07:49:42 AM  Show Profile Send cynthiaquilts a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very, very excited here in Chicago area! Just about an hour to go! Got alarms set in case I get distracted.
Go to Top of Page

jaymeKnits
Permanent Resident

USA
1346 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2013 :  08:24:06 AM  Show Profile  Send jaymeKnits a Yahoo! Message Send jaymeKnits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is it too early to start hitting refresh?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check out my patterns:
http://www.ravelry.com/designers/jayme-stahl
Go to Top of Page

jaymeKnits
Permanent Resident

USA
1346 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2013 :  08:35:32 AM  Show Profile  Send jaymeKnits a Yahoo! Message Send jaymeKnits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the time stamp here seems to be a bit off, or just on Pacific time. It's 11:30 Eastern, so I'm not quite crazy enough to stalk the site for 3.5 hours..

Check out my patterns:
Go to Top of Page

jaymeKnits
Permanent Resident

USA
1346 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2013 :  09:10:12 AM  Show Profile  Send jaymeKnits a Yahoo! Message Send jaymeKnits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And it's off! 12:09

Check out my patterns:
Go to Top of Page

cynthiaquilts
New Pal

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2013 :  09:17:18 AM  Show Profile Send cynthiaquilts a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So - how excited was I? I filled out the form, faxed it in and then realized that I had written the incorrect email address and had to re-fax with the correct one. Hopefully Clara makes allowances for too excited newbies! Aug. 16 is a red letter day on my calendar!
Go to Top of Page

noallatin
Chatty Knitter

276 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2013 :  09:22:04 AM  Show Profile Send noallatin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
12:10 pm Here's hoping.
Go to Top of Page

llmcguire
Warming Up

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2013 :  09:43:15 AM  Show Profile Send llmcguire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aug 16 can't come too soon.
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2013 :  11:39:46 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Woo hoo! My app is off and running too.

Mihn, I thought might be coming from a long way, but you have me beat!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

cynthiaquilts
New Pal

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2013 :  5:39:17 PM  Show Profile Send cynthiaquilts a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone received a confirmation email indicating that their form was received? As I mentioned, I initially sent an inactive email address and then sent a correct one within 10 minutes. Now I am wondering if I did something else goofy!
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4368 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2013 :  04:41:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't worry Cynthia. After the avalanche, Clara breathes, double-checks all the registrations (for situations like yours), and then generates the mailing list. And this year, with emails and faxes, it must be a lot more complicated. Finally, she sets up the emails. It's a "semi-automated" system!

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: Flickr Album
Go to Top of Page

cynthiaquilts
New Pal

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2013 :  05:43:13 AM  Show Profile Send cynthiaquilts a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Jane, that's very reassuring. I am going to indulge myself with a yarn crawl today. Now I can do it without the worry! Have a lovely weekend - full of fibery goodness.
Go to Top of Page

mjhealy
Warming Up

64 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2013 :  5:29:23 PM  Show Profile Send mjhealy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not going to be able to make the retreat this year. My corporate accounting calendar is loaded with deadlines the first 9 days of every month. And one of my team members will be on maternity leave.

Fabulous experience. Hoping to rejoin next year.

Good luck to all getting a spot.
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
1951 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2013 :  5:05:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do.

Oh Martha, how I will miss you! What will I do w/out my other Martha? I will miss your sweetness, generosity, calm & your beauty.

So hopeful to see you next year - you will be missed!

XOXO,
The other Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

rosir
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
441 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2013 :  05:41:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit rosir's Homepage Send rosir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Martha, we will miss you! Hate when life gets in the way of knitting! There will be lots of knitters keeping your seat warm for next year.

Rosi
Go to Top of Page

Patshere
Chatty Knitter

170 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2013 :  11:53:11 AM  Show Profile Send Patshere a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, Martha, it won't be the same without you. I'll miss seeing you.
Go to Top of Page

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1699 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2013 :  10:10:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I decided my life is just too involved with other projects that I did not attempt to apply this year. But here is a question for you all:

I get the feeling that a lot of you are, we'll, young! (Otoh, I am young at heart!) So when it came to being paired with a roommate I inevitably would not know, I suspect that I might be more of a "den mother" and don't want to bore the poor young woman to death! Anyway, does anyone in the 50- to 60-something crowd go to the Retreat? (Trying to tread delicately here. I don't know that I could find anyone way out here in Denver to pair up with.)

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4368 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2013 :  03:21:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your post made me chuckle, Ceil—take a look at the Retreat group photo and you'll see why!

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: Flickr Album
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000